• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The sound is making me crazy!!!

JBurton

Signtologist
Well, let's just say I've gotten really good at trying to spool up a print that has several feet piling up on the floor.
Everytime I hit start on a print on my 560, I tell my robot to set a 7 minute timer. Just enough time to catch it and get it on the core. My adhd doesn't allow me to walk away and come back 'in a minute', and it's even worse if I pull up s101 and keep my back to the printer with no timer, I'll usually turn around to a mess.

Then I sat a small desktop fan at the back, pointing at the components. When I switch the printer on, I switch the fan on.
This is what I was thinking, except find a similar rated fan and either wire it in to the printer or just flip it on. I wouldn't think a desk fan would have enough oomph to channel air into a void/tunnel, but beats me how much air we are talking about here.

stickerhed

ok, recently purchased an Epson SureColor S80600L Just installed. The ringing is constant, loud and annoying!! Bad enough I have tinnitus. You would think one noise would block out the other, but no! I think it is the fan? The installer says that is normal. Normal?! Can't be. Anyone have similar issue or suggestions? I have contacted Epson. They are reviewing the (video) of the noise. o_O
Same thing here. Purchased S80600L in April, showroom model was silent. When we got it the sound was really loud. I complained to Epson and they sent a tech out and they replaced 2 fans. It's better, but not perfect. When I first get here in the morning and nothing is running I can hear it 3 rooms away, when the printer is asleep. So, let me know if you get a fix for this please.

PS4252

I have operated 2 different s80's. The first one Epson came and replaced the fan. It just changed the pitch. They also couldn't figure out how to resolve the issue. The one I am currently operating is in a smaller work area. The fan seems louder. Epson said it is normal. One tech couldn't hear the noise.
yeah, I must be more sensitive to the high pitch noise. Irritating as all hell!

Rayd8

Maybe there's a way to change the fans rpm if that's the sound source? Put a resistor on the connection to slow it down, will lower the pitch. Maybe there's a way to lower the rpm in the firmware, no clue if Epson allows that. Another thought: put a small filter in front of the fans grid, maybe that can alter the pitch/sound a bit?

scrip

Hi group, I just got a 80600 installed last friday and it does that high pitched wirring while in sleep mode.
came here to investigate and, really? This is normal? In sleep mode?
could it be the power supply?

Dan Berg

Known issue for ages. The new firmware is supposed to have fixed it but it has not worked and is still loud as ever. In sleep mode it is supposed to turn off but it doesn't.

CanuckSigns

My s80600 is almost 7 years old and has never made a noise, the only thing I can hear is the suction fans when you first load a roll but they only last a few minutes. Compared to our old Roland printers this thing is dead silent. The Roland's made a very loud mechanical whirring noise as the head traveled across the media while printing, it drove me nuts!

Dan Berg

Adjust the radio to cover, lol
View attachment 166041
ok, recently purchased an Epson SureColor S80600L Just installed. The ringing is constant, loud and annoying!! Bad enough I have tinnitus. You would think one noise would block out the other, but no! I think it is the fan? The installer says that is normal. Normal?! Can't be. Anyone have similar issue or suggestions? I have contacted Epson. They are reviewing the (video) of the noise. o_O
Go to my post just above yours about the same fan noise. The link has been added for a firmware update that shuts the fan off when the unit is asleep.
Dan Berg

Dan Berg

I have an s80600 that had the loud fan and it was awful. In Jan of this year Epson came out with a new firmware that silences the fan when the printer goes to sleep. Don't have the firmware number here but you will find it on Epson support and it does work.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I have an s80600 that had the loud fan and it was awful. In Jan of this year Epson came out with a new firmware that silences the fan when the printer goes to sleep. Don't have the firmware number here but you will find it on Epson support and it does work.
I have not been able to install the updated firmware. Machine will not except it. how do you see what firmware is in the machine?

netsol

are they "protecting" the firmware?
the way roland "protects" setup menu

i know zebra "protects" the hell out of our new tablets