• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thermal printers

petepaz

any one have first hand experience with the matan large thermal printers?
do they print and cut?
how about laminate?
are they easy to use?
4 foils in the machine at once all sounds like a better version of the edge?

PGSigns

They look very nice and quick to compared to my Summa but at 85K its very expencive for a 36 or 40 inch printer.
Jimmy

PGSigns

I think I have gotten to know it well and feel comfortable with it now. The learning curve going from cut vinyl only to doing print work was a strain on the old brain but I survived. The machine does very well and fits what I do. The biggest problem I have had to over come is that there are so few out right now and information from others experience is hard to come by. So I have burned up a lot of materials looking for the edge of what it will and wont do.
Jimmy

Checkers

Hiya Pete,
I never been exposed to one yet. However, I know of one shop, up in Canada, using a Matan and he seems to like it, or at least, he has nothing bad to say about it :)

Checkers

dclet

Matan is the "cadillac" of the thermal printing world. You will not find better
quality. But it comes at a price that most companies can not afford. They do not cut. If I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat.

The summa stuff does well and is a close second.
If you want more info~SummaUsersLink

petepaz

thanks
this may be a purchase for next year unless they come out with a solvent printer that prints white with out problems
we started with the edge and i love it but it has a lot of restrictions
size, speed, changing foils.......