• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

These people give signs a bad name

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I was asking you all of this. How do you know it was three months? You said that e-mail on March 16th was about this job, not me. You know what, I really don't give a sh*t.

Marlene... I asked you those questions for a reason. Just answer them and I swear you'll get your answer from me.... I said your almost there!!!

And you know he was gathering this info for a quote and not a job he already had how? How do you know when he deposited the check?

Marlene

Marlene... I asked you those questions for a reason. Just answer them and I swear you'll get your answer from me.... I said your almost there!!!

And you know he was gathering this info for a quote and not a job he already had how? How do you know when he deposited the check?

You claim three months as that is what the customer told you. Customer's lie. The other sign shop was in the process of getting info for the quote on March 16th as that is what you implied in your posts. I don't know anything but what you've told us and was just asking where this there month timeline comes from. Why is that so hard for you to answer?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You claim three months as that is what the customer told you. Customer's lie. The other sign shop was in the process of getting info for the quote on March 16th as that is what you implied in your posts. I don't know anything but what you've told us and was just asking where this there month timeline comes from. Why is that so hard for you to answer?

Marlene... your over thinking this. If you could just answer the question everything will fall into place... I have faith in you!!!

Last Time....
How do you know he was emailing me about a quote and not about a job he already had?? How do you know when he deposited the check?

(Hint: You can answer "I wouldn't know that" or "I don't know that" or "I'm assuming")

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep, when reading these things by tex, derby and some of the other whiners, I should learn to not address the obvious and dwell on the make believe world they've created. Pat them on the back for stupidness and just go about it like a mosquito just buzzed me.

While we're old and have been around the block a few times, when you see red flags, ya just generally go for it. It doesn't matter if you're young or old, when so many things are outta sync, it's just evident to someone who has experienced the same thing to comment on it. As for the toadster's comments..... I do believe it was the OP that has brought his eating habits up and his bathroom habits lately, not me. Learn to read and comprehend my friend of another time zone. I might be pointing fingers, but there is ample evidence I'm right as so many others have agreed and this old story is so overdone, it's pathetic.

There's no fooling anyone with this thread, but if you wanna believe this story..... no problem..... just let it be known as the e-mail said, this is the way the OP conducts business as it's come up several times in his posts and his ways will catch up to him. Y'all wanna be like him, go right ahead, but remember.... none of ya are fooling a single person with your attacking those who are actually correct. Keep saying it and eventually you'll believe your own lies.

Anyway. go eat you salads tex and have fun on your next quest.

Marlene

Marlene... your over thinking this. If you could just answer the question everything will fall into place... I have faith in you!!!

Last Time....
How do you know he was emailing me about a quote and not about a job he already had?? How do you know when he deposited the check?

(Hint: You can answer "I wouldn't know that" or "I don't know that" or "I'm assuming")

You can't answer the simple question of how do you know it was three months. The other company said the first March 16th e-mail referred to this job in his second e-mail. No where but from you does the three month lag time come into play. How do you know that is true? Who told you it was three months? If it was three months, then fair game that the customer got fed up and went with someone else. If only since March or later then you are a low balling jerk who snagged this job out from under another company.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You can't answer the simple question of how do you know it was three months. The other company said the first March 16th e-mail referred to this job in his second e-mail. No where but from you does the three month lag time come into play. How do you know that is true? Who told you it was three months? If it was three months, then fair game that the customer got fed up and went with someone else. If only since March or later then you are a low balling jerk who snagged this job out from under another company.

Marleane, I practically gave you the answer in my previous post... My faith in you flew away like Gino's mosquito.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Yep, when reading these things by tex, derby and some of the other whiners, I should learn to not address the obvious and dwell on the make believe world they've created. Pat them on the back for stupidness and just go about it like a mosquito just buzzed me.

While we're old and have been around the block a few times, when you see red flags, ya just generally go for it. It doesn't matter if you're young or old, when so many things are outta sync, it's just evident to someone who has experienced the same thing to comment on it. As for the toadster's comments..... I do believe it was the OP that has brought his eating habits up and his bathroom habits lately, not me. Learn to read and comprehend my friend of another time zone. I might be pointing fingers, but there is ample evidence I'm right as so many others have agreed and this old story is so overdone, it's pathetic.

There's no fooling anyone with this thread, but if you wanna believe this story..... no problem..... just let it be known as the e-mail said, this is the way the OP conducts business as it's come up several times in his posts and his ways will catch up to him. Y'all wanna be like him, go right ahead, but remember.... none of ya are fooling a single person with your attacking those who are actually correct. Keep saying it and eventually you'll believe your own lies.

Anyway. go eat you salads tex and have fun on your next quest.

Gino: always the victim.

Even if it weren't for the fact that our company is constantly getting jobs because some other sign company screwed up or dropped the ball, there isn't anything about his story that seems implausible. The fact that you came in here stomping around and calling him a liar only serves one purpose: all attention on Gino!

Then once you have the attention you desire, you have to go all out and start name calling when everybody doesn't agree with you.

I'm not sure you're actually old at all, since you act like a toddler in 75% of the threads you're involved in.

Last edited:

TimToad

This has been an interesting thread.

I started my printing/media business nearly 15 yers ago and about 4 years ago expanded into signage. It has been very good and people are very happy with our quality of work. We've learned from mistakes and always made it right with customers. It has taken a lot of learning but the employees have all done a great job educating themselves and practices on this.
What I have learned most I think is that I am here to provide solutions to the customers marketing needs. No matter if that sends them somewhere else, they know they can trust me to help them get the best work for their money.
It sounds like many problems in the sign industry is people don't realize that. We are here to provide solutions.
Recently, I had been accused by another printer/sign guy of taking his customers. I talked to him about his problems and I didn't try and argue because I know that never helps.
The truth is I don't go after them at all. They come to me because the work is usually lousy from the other guy or he's a big jerk to them. Most of the time he doesn't even realize that what he says actually comes off sounding either racist or just egotistical.
I've tried to explain that to him nicely. He wants me to buy him out, but there really is nothing he has that I need, not even clients. I'm already very busy and thank God for that.
The best way to keep clients is to treat them nicely and deliver on your promises. If you tell them two weeks and you find out that you cannot have it by then, be sure to communicate clearly, giving them a very logical explanation. Most of the time customers are very understanding. What they don't understand is when you tell them something and then don't follow through or don't communicate.

Boom!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino: always the victim.

Even if it weren't for the fact that our company is constantly getting jobs because some other sign company screwed up or dropped the ball, there isn't anything about his story that seems implausible. The fact that you came in here stomping around and calling him a liar only serves one purpose: all attention on Gino!

Then once you have the attention you desire, you have to go all out and start name calling when everybody doesn't agree with you.

I'm not sure you're actually old at all, since you act like a toddler in 75% of the threads you're involved in.

What are you even talking about ?? You claim I invent this stuff, but you go off on such an unbelievable tangent and then always end your tirades with name calling and finger pointing. You accuse me of being wrong, but you do the exact same thing you say I'm doing, but it's alright for you. Why always with the double standards ??

I didn't call him a liar, I said he's making a lotta of this up. He got caught and you wanna help your friend out, like always. So, do it and hopefully all will work out in the end.

We all get jobs from other people dropping the ball, but very very seldom do you know all the facts going in as in the OPs story. I just picked one up from a guy yesterday in much the same situation. He called, I quoted and all he ever said was he got two prices already and he thought they were high. I gave him my quote, without knowing anything other than who I was bidding against. He sent over his files and I stopped by this morning to sign the agreement and get the deposit, as I was installing a sign right down the street from him. While talking with him I asked, what the other guy quoted and it was extremely high. He asked me what I thought of the other 2 shops and all I said was..... I don't badmouth my competition. They gotta get what they get and that's their business. I didn't bring up bad practices or methods of doing things. I explain what I'm doing and that's really all that matters, otherwise, he wouldn't've called me.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What are you even talking about ?? You claim I invent this stuff, but you go off on such an unbelievable tangent and then always end your tirades with name calling and finger pointing. You accuse me of being wrong, but you do the exact same thing you say I'm doing, but it's alright for you. Why always with the double standards ??

I didn't call him a liar, I said he's making a lotta of this up. He got caught and you wanna help your friend out, like always. So, do it and hopefully all will work out in the end.

We all get jobs from other people dropping the ball, but very very seldom do you know all the facts going in as in the OPs story. I just picked one up from a guy yesterday in much the same situation. He called, I quoted and all he ever said was he got two prices already and he thought they were high. I gave him my quote, without knowing anything other than who I was bidding against. He sent over his files and I stopped by this morning to sign the agreement and get the deposit, as I was installing a sign right down the street from him. While talking with him I asked, what the other guy quoted and it was extremely high. He asked me what I thought of the other 2 shops and all I said was..... I don't badmouth my competition. They gotta get what they get and that's their business. I didn't bring up bad practices or methods of doing things. I explain what I'm doing and that's really all that matters, otherwise, he wouldn't've called me.

Wow Gino, amazing how you can say I'm "making a lot of this up" and your not even here. You can come to that conclusion how? Because this is a weird situation and therefor not plausible? It IS a weird situation, hence why I posted it and not the lame click bait thread title shit you post to stir people up. The people agreeing with you I guess need something to argue about to entertain their day, or seem like they "know the real truth" and have secrete superior intelligence that others can't comprehend... does that describe you Gino??

Please, since you think you can discern fake from real... was the moon landing real? Where are Hillary's e-mails? Did Trump really do that nasty thing in Russia? Please use your skills for something other then my post and get working on what matters.

BTW, Do what you do best and ask the mods to close the thread down so you stop getting called out on your BS.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you show up at the 'Happy Ending' gathering, I'll buy ya a drink....... if you're old enough to drink, yet.

DerbyCitySignGuy

HOLD UP. Do you know how the English language works? You called him a liar, don't try to backpedal now. When you accuse someone of making up facts, you're calling them a liar. If you accuse someone of taking something that doesn't belong to them, you don't have to use the words "you're a thief" to call them a thief. You called Texas a liar, plain and simple.

Second, he's not my friend. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but I don't know him from Adam. I see him post on the forums, I agree with him on some things, I disagree with him on other things.

Finally, he didn't badmouth anybody. This is the part where I find it hard to believe you're not just trying to pick fights and turn another thread into The Gino Show. He told a potential customer than three months to wait for a sign is too long. THAT IS NOT BADMOUTHING ANOTHER PERSON, THAT IS A FACT. He didn't say, "Oh, that guy? That guy SUCKS. Don't use him, use me instead." He did exactly what you said you would do. He said, "I'd have that sign done in two weeks, I'd do it for this price."

You're a bully, Gino. Then when you get called out you suddenly go on the defensive and start throwing around insults. It's childish, and you need to grow up. For someone who struts around with their chest out bragging about their time in the business, you definitely don't know how to treat your peers. You post things like, "I never badmouth my competition" but you come on the forums and tear down and trash people left and right.

Maybe you're not so abrasive in person, but I find it terribly hard to believe. Heck, you and I might even get along just fine if we met, but I can't for the life of me understand the cognitive dissonance that prevents you from making the connections that everyone else has already made.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Your right.. Stating facts about how I would handle the job is not badmouthing.

It's bad business etiquette to trash talk a competitor and a customer wouldn't want to hear that anyway. I was dealing with a professional client and he was actually pretty reserved about bad mouthing the guy himself too...but I picked up on his level of anger... I was impressed with how he was handling getting swindled out of $1200.

There are sign companies here that I know do bad business.. and when I'm asked directly about them, all I do is inform the customer about how I handle orders and about the material I use and if they are comparing the two they might want to research us both before moving forward. That usually gives them confidence in what I'm pitching rather then me talk about what another company does wrong.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Maybe you're not so abrasive in person, but I find it terribly hard to believe. Heck, you and I might even get along just fine if we met, but I can't for the life of me understand the cognitive dissonance that prevents you from making the connections that everyone else has already made.

I know Gino in person. I believe y'all would get along just fine. I'm not a fan of how he posts on here, but in real life... he's a good guy.

TimToad

Why because I am just a dumb girl? I asked a valid question as to how this turned into three months. How is that over my head? care to manplain that?

Nice passive aggressive victimhood role play. I haven't seen anyone throw sexism into this thread except you just now. I described how my wife and our female employee have changed faces that big themselves as a compliment to their independence, strength and self-reliance despite their size, not their gender.

The fact that you are one of the few women who participate here does not make everyone who disagrees with you a sexist pig or that they are using your gender against you. You are one of the smartest people on this board, but I can understand why he said that it was over your head because you seem bent on following the same weak logic as the others criticizing Texas Signmaker. You started off with a couple decent questions, but devolved into the blame the wrong guy territory rather quickly and the usual crowd piled on, so he is feeling attacked and defensive. Continuing to hammer on the same thing expecting a different answer is problematic.

For all any of us should be concerned, online monikers and identities should be taken with a grain of salt as to their authenticity or gender identity. If everyone just did that, we'd all be on a level playing field and not subject to misinterpretations or false attacks.

As others have observed, this all seems so clear and an indictment of the other sign guy and the customer, but it seems like some of you are just bent on making Texas the bad guy in this. I actually hold the customer and the other sign vendor 100% responsible for the entire mess. I don't believe anyone with a responsible, professional approach to this craft lets a printer sit for three weeks let alone three months. If the customer told Texas that he or she paid a deposit three months earlier and still hadn't gotten anything but excuses and requested a quote, I see no reason for him to not provide a quote at a price he is accustomed to charging.

Why would Texas Signmaker lie about what the prospect told him, or any of the other parts of this? Because he likes getting trashed by folks who just can't wait to start picking apart his account of things regardless of topic? He already knows these boards are dominated by a few people who are going to attack him regardless of what he posts. It's a real shame that the moderators don't take those kinds of automatic, kneejerk attacks and insults more seriously, but that's the reality of what this site has always represented.