• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thick paper stock for coasters?

cdiesel

What the heck could I use to print some coasters? Looking for the thick, porous style you would see in restaraunts..

signswi

I'd guess it's some sort of sheet cork (probably synth cork these days) product with a coated paper print side for use with flatbeds, no idea where you'd get it though. Or do you mean the stuff that's just like 20 pressure laminated sheets of paper? Either way, check with flatbed suppliers.

300mphGraphics

You could try Kelly Paper. There are 2 in Phoenix. You can get .022 White Claycoated Chipboard that would print great on the flatbed and cut on the Zund. One 112 piece bundle of 23"x35" sheets is $81-ish. Less than $60 if you use my account. Product code 33627B. The stores probably only stock the 8½x11 size, but you could get a sample. The parent size sheets would likely be next day from LA.

Tom

cdiesel

Thanks guys.. the stuff we're looking for is too thick to run through a laser.. and I'm not finding any sheets larger than 16x16.. I'm not sure how small our flatbed will run, but 16x16 is probably pushing it.

cdiesel

Thanks Tom! I just looked at their site and they've got multiple thicknesses up to .100. I'll call for some samples.

Salmoneye

There are printers that specialize in printing these by the gazzillions, can't give you a name at the moment but I say sub it out.