• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things You Can't Get Anymore

Jillbeans

I still have my Frito Bandito eraser (mine is yellow) his hat is chewed just a little bit because Sister Innocent was a dull teacher.
And we have a drive-in theater too.
You could probably get a side of meth with your popcorn up there though.
At one time we had two XXX drive-ins.
We used to go just for fun, after all, it was the 70s and people/storylines were quite different and amusing to ridicule. Fun to watch the people in the other cars, too.

thewood

We're behind the times here. We have both drive-in theatres and IBC at the grocery store in 6 pack glass bottles. I love IBC Cream Soda.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think Fred's having trouble finding his beverage of choice, but the bottle caps to re-seal them when not finishing off the entire bottle to insure they don't go flat til the next use.

:beer

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Yup.

We're behind the times here. We have both drive-in theatres and IBC at the grocery store in 6 pack glass bottles. I love IBC Cream Soda.

We have a drive-in movie that also has a flea market on weekends and does very well at both.

I don't think Fred's having trouble finding his beverage of choice, but the bottle caps to re-seal them when not finishing off the entire bottle to insure they don't go flat til the next use.
:beer

Yup.

ericmitchell29

I've got a good one for ya... Remember the Candy Cigarettes you could buy... Some where just hard sugar sticks with a red dot at the end but the ones I mean are the bubble gum ones with a wax wrapper and when you blew on it powdered sugar puffed out.

I actually saw them last year at a Candy shop in Canada, but I don't think you can get them in the States anymore. haha nothing like target marketing to children.

The good ole days.

Joe Diaz

You can't get people to put their dern shopping carts in the cart corral anymore. :banghead: You pushed the cart all around the store and all the way outside to your car, what is an extra few more feet? I kind of like the idea where I DON'T get five more dents in the side of my car, just because people are lazy.

artsnletters

1-Shot with lead.

Oven Cleaner with Lye.
how true that is....nowadays anytime they put NEW in big letters means it sucks MORE....either a smaller package, higher price or less performance.

I miss the Helms bakery trucks... with the long wood draws that pulled out the back and went for miles! All you had to do was put the blue and gold "H" sign in your window and they'd stop in front of your house and honk. Well, that not all you had to do, apparently you were suppose to have your mom permission... and money.
Those were so cool getting donuts and really fresh bread from the Helms man...
Tim

pixel_pusher

RC Draft Cola - Best soda I've ever tasted.

Frusen Glädjé ice cream - gourmet ice cream that was whipped prior to freezing, which gave it a lovely velvety texture. Quickly squashed by the likes of Häagen-Dazs and B&J.