• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things You Can't Get Anymore

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I like a particular brand of root beer that only comes in long neck glass bottles. Sometimes I don't want the whole thing, so we went looking for the old plastic bottle caps they used to sell for capping partly consumed soda pop. No place we looked had anything to do the job.

I guess plastic bottles and aluminum cans have totally taken over.

The Sign Dude

Are you talking about the ones with the wire bracket to hold the top in place?

Attachments

• root.jpg
    root.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you could find some corks or aluminum foil and re-cap or re-seal it with them ??

There's a chain store up this way that has everything for the kitchen. Next time my wife goes there, I'll ask her to look for some caps for you. She's always looking for an excuse to go there. It's like us going into a hardware store.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I had no idea what those were so I googled them lol.... wikipedia sure has some funny "slang terms" for them...!

Other widely used slang terms (given here in the plural) used for the drug methaqualone included: Disco Biscuits, Gorilla Biscuits, Down And Dirtys, Joe Fridays, Leg Spreaders, Lemmons, Lovers, 'Ludes, Mandies, Mandrakes, Q's, quas, quaas, quacks, quakers, Quads, Soapers, Suppers, Vitamin Q, The Love Drug, and Wallbangers.

Was my ex's drug of choice in our youth... all it ever did for me was knock me out for 8 hours...

which is what I need at this point...

OldPaint

here fred:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=5770&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-n-_-n-_-n
when we had the bar(1957-1980) we could buy stoppers at a "restaurant supply", check in your area ill bet they still have em.
stacy, the new "LUDES" are paxil, prozac!!!!! hehehehehehehehehe
i preferred THORIZINE, over LUDES, these are know as "zombie makers."
at one time i was doin 250 mg thorizine, 60-80 mg valium, ludes when i could score em and i was only sleepin 4-5 hours with all these drugs in my system!!!!!!!!!!
now i sleep ..........without any drugs!!!!!!! stayin awake is hard! hehehehehehehehe

Idea Design

Orange Nerds candy. Used to be able to order an orange nerds blizzard from Dairy Queen. Not any more. Things you can't get anymore

Now that im married with children the things I cant get anymore have changed a little bit...
Drunk
Money in my wallet
Lost for days on end
The TV remote

I could probably sit here for hours adding to this list!