• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things you should be thankful for but you are thankful anyway

Pat Whatley

This topic came up Sunday and let to some pretty interesting thoughts. Anybody care to share anything they're thankful for that they should probably feel guilty for?

I'm thankful my best friend stopped going out with his girlfriend before I had to convince her to dump him and go out with me. (I've been married to her for 5 years now and we're all still friends)

I'm thankful that my former business partner embezzeled $14,000 from me. I was prepared to offer him $30,000 for his share of the business, he ended up having to just walk away to avoid prosecution (which didn't really work....the former owners sent him to prison for embezzling $110,000 from them)

I'm thankful that the deputy/friend of the bar owner at that bar outside Anderson, SC was very careful in making sure he had all our contact information down correct, told us that we'd be getting a call with an estimate for damages, then accidentally handed our contact info to us when he walked us out the door.

....anybody else?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I am thankful that my daughter's baby daddy is still in jail...

I am thankful that the neighbor across the street finally realized that I really don't like her very much and quit coming over...

I am thankful for all the cheapo sign makers out there that make my stuff look so much better in comparison...

I'm thankful they then generally go out of business and I can pick up their stuff for pennies on the dollar...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm thankful to Apple Credit for allowing me to buy a Macintosh SE in 1988 with only 10% down and then losing the paperwork.

I'm even more thankful to Apple Credit for allowing me to buy an HP Laserjet 4M in 1988 (still in use) after I informed them of never having been billed for the 90% owed on a Macintosh SE with only 10% down and then losing the paperwork and then losing the paperwork again.

I'm thankful to a leasing company in Chicago whose name I cannot remember for arranging payment on a $10K Techno CAD/CAM table, never billing me and never contacting me back after I informed them of it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm thankful to Apple Credit for allowing me to buy a Macintosh SE in 1988 with only 10% down and then losing the paperwork.

I'm even more thankful to Apple Credit for allowing me to buy an HP Laserjet 4M in 1988 (still in use) after I informed them of never having been billed for the 90% owed on a Macintosh SE with only 10% down and then losing the paperwork and then losing the paperwork again.

I'm thankful to a leasing company in Chicago whose name I cannot remember for arranging payment on a $10K Techno CAD/CAM table, never billing me and never contacting me back after I informed them of it.

And I feel lucky if I find a dollar bill blowing along the sidewalk. I don't know if you're the luckiest man I know or one of.... no scratch that...... the cleverest ?? :covereyes:

Ei...ei...ei.... !! :pops_blinking:

shakey0818

i am thankful for........
the birds and the bees and the flowers in the trees
and the moon up above and a thing called love
and the stars in the sky and a girl and a guy and the
way they would kiss on a night like this and everthing
and everyone in my life i am blessed to have.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
And I feel lucky if I find a dollar bill blowing along the sidewalk. I don't know if you're the luckiest man I know or one of.... no scratch that...... the cleverest ?? :covereyes:

Ei...ei...ei.... !! :pops_blinking:

:jr:

Neither I fear. It's just karma at work. The other side of the coin is that I am still paying my first wife monthly alimony (for which I am not thankful) and our divorce was in 1981.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:jr:

Neither I fear. It's just karma at work. The other side of the coin is that I am still paying my first wife monthly alimony (for which I am not thankful) and our divorce was in 1981.

Now that one I believe. Ya know, there are people out there... that for two cases of beer or some tickets to a football game will put two caps through her head in a heartbeat..... not hers, she won't have any.............. :guido:

Stealth Ryder

I am thankful that my daughters are grown, successful and out of my house...
I am thankful that I have a good job and that I like it very much...
I am thankful for all my friends, old and new...
And last but not least... I am thankful for Beer...

GypsyGraphics

I own 3 Macintosh SE 30's... one in perfect condition and the other two i have just for parts.

oh and i'm thankful i bought a bushel of apple stock (more than i could afford back then)... at $10 a share! closed at $313.36 yesterday

inthesignbiz

After all is said and done,
I'm just thankful to be alive!

If I had known that I would live this long,
I'd have taken better care of myself.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't get the guilty part. I let it rip and everyone beware. I am thankful for the SBD's and look around for the culprit.

I am thankful for refinancing a car years ago and getting a check for "overpayment on account" for 9 grand from the old financing company...... they would not take it back, I tried. The account was never overpaid.

TheSellOut

I am thankful that the few people I have killed and was surely looking at life sentences for were all just figments of my imagination that came to me in my dreams! They seemed so real I could almost feel the arse-pounding...

Jillbeans

I'm thankful for my brother Kevin calling me ugly day in day out during my entire childhood, because now that we're grown, he has a daughter who looks just like me.
:)
Love....Jill