• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Things you should be thankful for but you are thankful anyway

theskipman_98

Grrrr.... guess I'm thankful that someone else took a chance on me to work for them after the last place I worked for closed the doors. I hate this area, being away from friends that were as close as family, and making just enough money to not be able to afford my own place.
But I really like my job, I have food to eat, a vehicle that that I'm paying payments on but not breaking down, like the other two I had. Thankful for a skill that no one can take away from me, the chance to do and learn different things every week, and great people to work with. Thankful I don't have to go to a repetitious job like one's I had in the past.

JoySigns

I'm thankful that as of this month I no longer have teenage kids. Woo hoo! They're good kids but I am thankful when I have an empty nest.

Mainframe

I am thankful for my bucket truck I (stole)/bought.
Here's how it happened,

In 2001 my dad took me to a place that sells bucket trucks,We looked at a bunch of trucks I could not afford, the cheapest one was a 1985 Chevy that the boom or the gen didn't work, & the rest of the truck looked like it came from the war zone. The one I liked best was a 1991 (considered then to be "the new body style") but the price was 15 grand & it needed a good going over. I had the sign shop part time in the basement & I was using a 1985 utility bed truck I resurrected from the dead.
It looked clean but with no bucket on it most installations were tough.

About 6 months later in 02, I was taking my wife to Boardman Mall in Ohio & at a red light I see a 1991 GMC bucket truck in a used car lot with the boom raised and $4,995.00 soaped on the windshield, (this was on a Sunday & they weren't open at the time) I called my Dad & he said you better go there Monday & buy it, just keep quiet & buy it & bring it home, for some reason they don't know what they have, so I was there next day 9 am sharp & talked to an old guy & asked does that truck run? He seemed irritated with the question & snapped back a YES it runs so I asked if I could take it for a ride, he found me the keys & told me to go down the road abut 3 miles & turn around & come back, should be enough to see it runs well. so I did, ran great, I was in Love!

I told him I will take it & asked to trade in my old truck, he gave me a grand for it & I paid him for the truck & signed the papers right away.

When the ladies in the office were cashing me out, they said they think I might have got a good deal on that truck, I asked why do you say that, & they told me the old guy used to own the car lot & he gave it to his son a few years back, but his son went on Vacation in Aruba, met some girl there & was stretching it out going on 4 weeks, so things were coming back from repair shops & the guy was just putting prices on he thought would be good & selling them. I didn't say anything I just thanked them for the info.

It has been a great truck, & I have done the impossible with it! loaded with goodies, generator, air compressor, heater in the bucket etc, I put a new engine in it last week, but it was worth it, I keep it in a garage & hope to have it at least 5 more years.
Sorry for the long winded post, but I couldn't think of any other way to tell the story
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Locals Find!

I am Thankful for my Wonderful Family (Fiance, and her 3 kids) I don't think anyone else would put up with me or support me as I try to build this business into something worth owning and not just a PITA day in and out.

I am also thankful to Boston Scientific for the ICD that has kept me alive one more year.