• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking about jumping back in!

JR_

About 3 yrs ago I sold my sign shop. Well for the last 1 yr I have been doing all the installs for the current owner. Well tonight she asked me to take it back. Now I got rid of it for the simple reason I couldn't do it plus my "real job" so I sold it. Well she still will have everything but the vinyl part. (screen printing, pad printing, embroidery, and she is the President of the local Chamber of Commerce. So she is willing to take care of my customers when I'm not in. She just HATES vinyl work. She wants nothing to do with the production part of it. Now we have a 20 month old at home and go in the 14th for baby #3! So my wife is home with them all day. She is a stay at home mom (bless her heart!) so she could do stuff during the day. I'm just not sure what to do...I LOVE doing his kind of stuff, and I miss the money that I use to make. But, its been 3 yrs and she has grown A LOT! Just don't know if I'm ready to jump back into it full time or not. Ok, I'm rambling here...just wondering what someone else would do I guess....Any advice??

Thanks for listening,
Jim

heyskull

I don't know your problem, unless you work at something that pays you even more money!
I also like the word "take back" this suggest it is very cheap or even better free.
What are you doing for work now?

As far as I see if this business is still making money this is a no brainer.:frustrated:

SC

ZsVinylInc

One of the issues I could see would be if your current job will provide insurance for those little ones and doing this will not...I was in your position recently....I was working a full time day job and vinyl at night trying to get enough business going so that I could pay for insurance and do it full time it gets to be a huge strain on everyone. Unfortunately for me with the economy I was laid off and am now trying to do it full time so I can make a living....

BobM

It depends on your level of involvement. If all you're doing is cutting, weeding, and installing vinyl that she markets it would be a great "at home" part time business. If it requires 3 - 4 - 5 hours a day and Staurdays at the shop you might be shortchanging your family.

JR_

yes I work full time now at a chemical plant. I have insurance there and it is also 12 hr swing shift. 7 to 7. Im thinking Im going to do it, it will give my wife something to do to get away from kids alittle. Well thanks for the suggestions!

Jim

i dont know if you are relying on your wife and she is busy with little ones you may want to have a real honest heart to heart. my daughter is 18 months old (i only have one) she works with me everyday. and if i did not have the luxury of being in total control of my schedule it would not work..to be honest it doesnt work too well. my schedule is dependent on the needs of my daughter and her behavior/mood/etc at any given moment. just another thing to think about.