• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking about selling my equipment

Infinitewraps

I would like someone's opinion. I am thinking about selling my equipment. I have a Mutoh 1614 with take up, Seal base 62 with heat assist, graphtec fc8000 160 mk2, Badwraps, Wasatch, Tons of software (Aurura Graphics, Eye Candy Collection, Tattoo,Wrapulator and others). We bought these back in Sept 08 but have only ran the printer enough to make sure all the heads are good (Daily cleaning and printing. Have done a few car wraps and thats about it besides misc signs for a few people. Everything is in great shape. We decided we dont need the machines like we thought so I am thinking about selling them. I also have venture shield paint protection software. We have a fully functional website (www.infinitewraps.com) as well with a custom back end management system. Anyway, any idea what I could get for all of this and should I sell it as a package? I have never dealt with this and would not even know where to begin selling this. Advice would be great. Thanks

Dustin

Last edited:

Techman

AS for the using the dmca to make bogus take downs notices or ill conceived take down notices....

There is talk about those who make bogus take downs or ill conceived take down notices do a put back and be subject to make payment for damages.

I think this is a good idea.

if you aren't using the tools you have and they are not making you a profit..it doesn't make much sense keeping them around. every day they are losing value.

unfortunately if you have not been operating this 'business' and it is not/has not generated a profit it most likely isn't worth more than the used price of your equipment..but you never know maybe you will find someone who just doesn't want to take the time to locate all of it .. you never know stranger things have happened.

toodark

Wrap equipment

PM me. What are you asking for all of your equipment. I just sold all my equipment to go buy exactly what you have.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
if you aren't using the tools you have and they are not making you a profit..it doesn't make much sense keeping them around. every day they are losing value.

unfortunately if you have not been operating this 'business' and it is not/has not generated a profit it most likely isn't worth more than the used price of your equipment..but you never know maybe you will find someone who just doesn't want to take the time to locate all of it .. you never know stranger things have happened.

Yes but what he has is an assembled package and a decent domain name. A broker might be able to sell it as a package to someone who would benefit from what he started. If he gets out at a return of investment made less the broker's commission he will likely be better off than selling it off at used prices.

Mosh

decent domain name...they are a dime a dozen. Why are you selling is the real question? No one puts that much jack in something and just pulls the plug that easily. Didn't need the machines like you thought? What did you think you were going to use them for?

Infinitewraps

decent domain name...they are a dime a dozen. Why are you selling is the real question? No one puts that much jack in something and just pulls the plug that easily. Didn't need the machines like you thought? What did you think you were going to use them for?

Hello Mosh,
The bigger project is called rentalwrap.com... Still in testing. Anyway we had originally thought we would do some of the wraps but have now decided to partner with Frank Fellers to outsource the work to his certified network. It will be more of an auction format. So we dont really need the equipment as originally thought.

Dustin

FatCat

Very sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I have seen more than 3 cases within Ohio where someone bought the Fellers Gold or Platinum packages and then was selling them off within a year of purchase. I think too many were sold on the idea that if you had a wrap business the money would just pour in.

I also might be interested in a few things (software mostly) if you decide to part it out and the price is right. Please keep me in mind.

*Oh, and as to your question of value; it will greatly depend on who wants to buy and why. Also, I would guess all equipment no longer has a warranty since it's over a year old? It will be more convenient for you to unload it all as a package, but you will likely have to take a bigger hit doing so. Piecing it out will take longer, but usually yields more money.

B Snyder

Wouldn't Frank be able to give you a value? It appears as if you purchased everything from his company, he'd probably know the original dealer cost. I'd figure 25% less than that whatever that number is.

GP

There is a lot of good stuff there - i would love to have that set up - unfortunately, the numbers still don't make sense

Good luck -

GP

Infinitewraps

Wouldn't Frank be able to give you a value? It appears as if you purchased everything from his company, he'd probably know the original dealer cost. I'd figure 25% less than that whatever that number is.

Well.. I kind of agree with another statement that I guess it really depends on what the persons mindset is.

In response to the warranty, the warranty just expired but it does have lifetime support of the equipment from fellers. I understand what you are saying about the wrap business and money just coming in. It isnt exactly what we had in mind. We had originally intended on doing some of the wraps ourselves but the logistics were a disaster due to rentalwraps being a national website and no control over that. Instead it was much easier to outsource to the certified network and go that route than us doing it ourselves. Infinitewraps just came out of the bigger picture and we decided it was not worth it.

I really appreciate everyone in this forum and the feedback that you are giving me. It def helps.

Dustin

mark in tx

This is not a bag on you personally, but this looks to me like someone else that got sold a bill of goods from a supplier.

"Wraps are bringing in tons of money!"
"You just push a button and print!"
"We have this convenient package, it's all you need to make money!"
"We got this great network to bring the work to you!"

personally i don't see the value in the domain name..but like i said stranger things have happened and i've seen people find people willing to pay ferrari prices for a beat up old honda..i wish you well, i don't ever want to see anyone take a financial beating. but personally i see no value in this other than what it is all worth as used equipment...and there is a ton of used equipment for sale.

i find it unfortunate to repeatedly see ppl that run out and buy all kinds of equipment before they have figured out how they are going to sell the products and build a client base.

again my personal opinion is that his best bet is to put the equipment up for sale on this forum. good luck to you