• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third Issue With Our L560

jayhawksigns

Striking the maintenance kit, Grimco tech coming back in tomorrow, not that he can do anything but hopefully we can get it to happen again with him here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

ironchef

Oh boy. This is sad news. My 570 is still in the box awaiting installation. I'm praying to God almighty I don't have issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sign.ed

Oh boy. This is sad news. My 570 is still in the box awaiting installation. I'm praying to God almighty I don't have issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ours was loaded into the FedEx truck in such a way that we had to actually unpack it in the back of the truck. They sent him out with a floor jack, when it was clearly loaded with a forklift. The create was also too wide to turn it in his truck to use the floor jack, and too long to for the jack to lift it. So we unpacked it in the back of the track and Wheel it on to the lift gate, and very carefully lower it. Fortunately, the footprint was 1" less than the width of the lift gate.

It wasn't the driver's fault, definitely whoever loaded his truck. The driver was great, super helpful, the rest of the local fedex command chain, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

Don't think we grabbed pics of our last delivery but this is probably what happens to everyone who doesn't either have a forklift or loading dock at their facility.

Out first one was pushed onto our crane truck and then lowered to ground level. The second was shipped on a full size trailer rather then a short one and its lift gate was long enough to properly lower the crate. The third one, we got it out onto the lift gate and then wiggled it sideways with about a foot hanging off each side and then lowered it.

GP_Oz

Striking the maintenance kit, Grimco tech coming back in tomorrow, not that he can do anything but hopefully we can get it to happen again with him here.

What exaclty do you mean by "striking the maint cart" ?
I see in the vid the cloth has been puckered up a tad, is that what you are talking about? Or is it just the noise it makes every pass?

jayhawksigns

Yeah its hitting the fabric and probably the bar that's under it.

Its a WTH kind of thing. The first printer that we got in that was just replaced actually had a good run of almost two weeks of it not happening, and then the first two days of last week, over half of my print jobs made this "inappropriate contact".

No rhyme or reason which makes it incredibly hard to nail down a cause.

jayhawksigns

Bad luck having every maintenance kit being bad if that's the case. Think it's honestly more the issue with the kit being moved in front of the moving head carriage.

jayhawksigns

Almost getting, well something.

Had a pickup today of one of the first two printers. Shipping company called last week, had a serial number, verified it again this morning while they were here and we loaded one up. Happened to be the second one that got the wrong firmware installed. Probably an hour after they left, HP called, making sure they picked up the first one, and that Grimco will take care of the second one.

So, apparently after driving for 60 minutes towards their next stop, the delivery company is coming back, dropping back off the printer they took this morning and pickup up the other one. Wow.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have " Business Interruption Insurance" ??

I certainly hope so, as I doubt any of your suppliers are gonna pay for all this down time and time-sensitive delays of yours. Don't you have any upset customers, yet ??

Sign.ed

We are about to figure out how water resistant the 500 series machine is down here in Houston.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We are about to figure out how water resistant the 500 series machine is down here in Houston.

Good luck sir, I am in San Antonio now and have seen the devastation Harvey is leaving behind. Hope the rain stops soon so the recovery process can begin.

jayhawksigns

So, back to same ol' same ol'. Two "inappropriate contacts" in less then 24 hours. Start of every job has been video recorded now so I've been emailing video links to Grimco and HP.

jayhawksigns

They are seeming to want to target if there is any loss of print quality. I assume they will claim that since the heads are so readily replaceable, and meant to be swapped out somewhat frequently when compared to other printers, that its a mute point if they are possibly getting damaged. To be clear, no one has said that but with the information they have been asking for it seems as though its going that way. I'm just concerned about long term wear on parts that are not user replaceable, we ran our L25500 for 6 years and intend to run this unit for just as long.