• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This forum?

Shadowglen

Most "REAL" Sign Painters I know that are STILL in the SIGN Business have also accepted progress, and even if they still hand paint and letter they know the value of legitimate sign production equipment whether it be a plotter or a printer, and most of them use a plotter at the very least. I respect sign painters for their talent, but do not respect condescending people no matter how talented they are. Not sure if you intended on it coming out that way, but, it did.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This guy is so "real" he laughs at "hacks" that use brushes, masks & stencils:
[video=youtube;yaA5iFUKC18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaA5iFUKC18[/video]

wayne k
guam usa

(I don't think he is a member here)

vid

Is this whole forum mostly computer vinyl sign people?

Or are there any real sign painters here?

I'd guess that the bulk of the forum is populated by people who use the computer for most of their work. Whether it is simply cutting and/or printing vinyl, designing, or using the technology to drive mammoth beasts of sign fabrication and production, a topic addressing all types of sign specialties can be found with a few clicks of your mouse. You can explore these diverse topics in this section.

...and yes, there are traditional sign painters here. Check out this section of signs101.

Even more, here you can type in search terms pertinent to your interests. For example, walldogs, letterheads, pinstriping, and handpainted may return results that fit your interests. Links to forums that play to the niche of sign painting may even be contained in those topics. Likewise, using typical search engines may yield a discussion site more specialized to the art and craft of traditional sign painting.

Another tack that you might employ would be to post some of your work to generate an interest in the topic. There are old school members who understand and may contribute to the thread. While they may not be online at the time to answer questions immediately, there are those who may have an interest in the topic and may contribute another day. There are many useful bits of information that can be gleaned from these conversations in both technique and design.

Admittedly, some contributors may not be the most generous with their comments --- but hey, move on, because there is this ignore function of the forum, too.

...and finally, I'd encourage you to be more descriptive with your subject line. Perhaps something like "where are the sign painters at signs101?" or "who are the sign painters at signs101," rather than a cryptic "This Forum?" Similarly, that topic posted in the Handmade Signs Section, may generate a greater niche interest of participants than under the General Signmaking Topics.

...just my .o2

Welcome from CA

SignManiac

I use to be a real sign painter but then I took the blue pill and became a faux signographer and sold my soul to the devil. Although my work has been cheapened, I'm not eligible to do anything else.

TXFB.INS

This guy is so "real" he laughs at "hacks" that use brushes, masks & stencils:
[video=youtube;yaA5iFUKC18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaA5iFUKC18[/video]

wayne k
guam usa

(I don't think he is a member here)

I bet he picks note worthy boogers

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
As long as we're splitting hairs on what constitutes the "roots" of our trade...let's talk about the cave dwellers who carved images into the soft stone of the cave walls eons ago (a tad before the dawn of One Shot).

Does that put me any closer to "brushworthy"? (we do engraved boulders/stone signage/cemetery memorials).

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
^^And for the guy who finger paints in the video above, I'm sure those "happy trees" would make Bob Ross smile down from heaven.

JB

Salmoneye

I'd guess that the bulk of the forum is populated by people who use the computer for most of their work. Whether it is simply cutting and/or printing vinyl, designing, or using the technology to drive mammoth beasts of sign fabrication and production, a topic addressing all types of sign specialties can be found with a few clicks of your mouse. You can explore these diverse topics in this section.

...and yes, there are traditional sign painters here. Check out this section of signs101.

Even more, here you can type in search terms pertinent to your interests. For example, walldogs, letterheads, pinstriping, and handpainted may return results that fit your interests. Links to forums that play to the niche of sign painting may even be contained in those topics. Likewise, using typical search engines may yield a discussion site more specialized to the art and craft of traditional sign painting.

Another tack that you might employ would be to post some of your work to generate an interest in the topic. There are old school members who understand and may contribute to the thread. While they may not be online at the time to answer questions immediately, there are those who may have an interest in the topic and may contribute another day. There are many useful bits of information that can be gleaned from these conversations in both technique and design.

Admittedly, some contributors may not be the most generous with their comments --- but hey, move on, because there is this ignore function of the forum, too.

...and finally, I'd encourage you to be more descriptive with your subject line. Perhaps something like "where are the sign painters at signs101?" or "who are the sign painters at signs101," rather than a cryptic "This Forum?" Similarly, that topic posted in the Handmade Signs Section, may generate a greater niche interest of participants than under the General Signmaking Topics.

...just my .o2

Welcome from CA

What a well written response, makes me feel a little bad about mine.

JD miller

I think "traditional sign painters" would have been a bit more appropriate.

Oh My, Quite a crowd here

Yes that is what I meant by real sign painter, "Traditional sign painter", for all who got offended

I had no idea my simple question would ruffle anyone's feathers

Other forums, might be 3 days or a week to get a reply

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Welcome,
Everyone loves to dog pile on the new guy.
I wonder where Gino is............

wayne k
guam usa

JD miller

Vid,

Thanks for the heads up on the "Hand Made Sign" section.

Didnt see that when I first was first time browsing the sections.

Ok,,,, carry on with the "dog pile" the new guy entertainment .