• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is how to convert sp300 to sp300v

graficaspa47

Confirmed it does work here are the steps broken down a bit more;

- Power off machine and unplug, remove back cover ( right one where the power is )
- On the mainboard on the top left there is a very small row of dim switches. Switch dim 7 to on [ second to the left is dim 7 ]
- replace cover
- Enter service mode;
Main Power on,
down, right, left, up, right, down, left,
hold the left, right, down and front panel power.

- You should see the screen quickly flash Service Mode
- Now in the main menu when access like normal there is a Service mode entry, enter it.
- Press Down under the service mode menu until you find system switches and enter it.
- You should see Page 1 with a value similar to 01000000
- Press right until you see Page 10 then change the value using the up and down keys to
"10000100"
- Ext the menu like normal and turn off the machine, probably better to reset everything.

- Power up and you should have joy with Versaworks
HELP!!!! HELLO GOOD AFTERNOON. I HAVE READ CAREFULLY THE FORUM THAT YOU HAVE MADE, AND I HAVE EVERYTHING THAT ECHO POSITION, BUT THE SAME PASS ME, I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE GROUP INKS NOT ALLOW ME TO USE ALL CHANGED AS HE VersaWorks have commented WITHOUT SUCCESS, TO DO SOMETHING MORE THAN mention it?? THANKS

imp

If you cant get it to work from the hack listed, call your local roland rep and pay an expert to get this done without all the hassle and risk of stuffing up your machine, seriously :banghead:

graficaspa47

If you cant get it to work from the hack listed, call your local roland rep and pay an expert to get this done without all the hassle and risk of stuffing up your machine, seriously :banghead:

Traducir del: español

Escribe texto o la dirección de un sitio web, o bien, traduce un documento.
Cancelar

traducción del español al inglés

BUT IF YOU MAKE A POST IF, AS IS EXPLAINING THE CONVERSION OF THE PRINTER IS WHY YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE??
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW WE PUT.
IT IS ALSO WHY YOU HAVE SEEN OR IN ANY SITE HAVE EXPLAINED HOW IT'S DONE CORRECTLY, BECAUSE I THINK THAT IF I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT THIS HAPPENS, YOU KNOW THAT INSURANCE IS THE SOLUTION. THANK YOU

graficaspa47

Traductor
Del: español

Al: inglés

Traducción de texto o de páginas webok, lo he conseguido, me equivoque en la configuracion de la pagina 10, funciona correctamente. la explicacion podria ser mejor pero al final si es correcto he logrado trabajar con el versaworks sin problema voy a poner la explicacion un poco mejor a ver si la gente lo entiende mejor. paso 1 : desenchufar completamente la impresorsa y quitar la tapa trasera izquierda, seguidamente veremos la placa base de la impresiora. paso 2 : en la placa base arriba a la izquierda veremos un grupo de interruptores cada uno con un numero, accionar el numero 7 hacia abajo. paso 3 : tapar la tapa de la placa base. paso 4: entramos en menu modo servicio. para hacer este paso hacemos la siguiente secuencia ( abajo, derecha, izquierda,arriba, derecha, abajo izquierda) esta secuencia hay que hacerla seguida sin pausa, luego sin detenerse pulsar manteniendo la 3 teclas a la vez abajo, izquierda y derecha y pulsar boton de encendido. entramos en menu y buscamos la opcion menu servicio, luego buscamos la opcion system switch, pulsamos enter. entonces nos saldra pagina 1 : 01000000. ahora para ir a la pagina 10 tenemos que pulsar la tecla derecha hasta que lleguemos la la pagina 10 entonces cambiamos el codigo que principalmente estara: 000000000 lo cambiamos por 10000100. una vez hacemos esto, salimos completamente del menu y apagamos la maquina y la volvemos a encender. ahora solo instala el versaworks y ya lo hace todo automaticamente detecta la maquina y ya tienes una sp-300 V saludos es muy sencillo

Escribe texto o la dirección de un sitio web, o bien, traduce un documento.
Cancelar

traducción del español al inglés

ok, I did it, I'm wrong in the settings page 10, it works correctly.
The explanation could be better but if it's right at the end I managed to work with no problem VersaWorks'll give the explanation a little better to see if people understand it better.

Step 1: Unplug impresorsa completely remove the back cover and left, then we will see the motherboard impresiora.

Step 2: on the motherboard at the top left we see a group of switches each with a number, drive down the number 7.

Step 3: Close the lid of the motherboard.

Step 4: enter service mode menu. to do this step do the following sequence (bottom, right, left, up, right, bottom left) this sequence must be done immediately without pause, without stopping then press 3 keys to keeping both down, left and right and press button Power.

we enter the option menu and service menu, then look for the option to switch system, press enter.
then we will come out page 1: 01,000,000.
Now to go to page 10 we have to press the right until you reach page 10 then change the code that will be mainly: 000000000 change it to 10000100.

Once we do that, we went completely the menu and turn off the machine and back on.

Now just install the VersaWorks and it does everything automatically detects the machine and you have a sp-300 V

is very simple greetings

wayne27

sp300 to 300v

Power off machine and unplug, remove back cover. on the left of the board is a row of dim switches. switch dim 7 to on [ second to the left is dim 7 ] replace cover. power up in service mode. in the service mode go to system switches. scroll to page 10. change the read out [ should look like this 10000000 ] to 10000100. press enter. restart machine in normal way and it is now a sp300v and will work on versaworks [ i have ver 4.1 free to download off roland and no dongle needed] you just need to start versaworks and add printer. will select itself if you change to usb thks

Hi. i have a sp300 which i want to change to the v and can not get into the service mode. What have i done wrong. When i flick 7 switch and turn on the machine it comes up 300v. Getting in by the dowm up etc i get no where. Can someone please help me cheers Wayne

Jim Hill

SP-300

I converted my SP-300 to an SP-300V and back to an SP-300 for the following reasons.

I have a new version of VersaWorks software and my problem is I am getting an error message when I start my SP-300v and the VersaWorks software that say's it cannot recognize my inks which are the Eco Sol Max Inks and they are Roland inks. The SP-300 came with Eco Sol inks when it was New.

My Roland SP-300 has never used anything other then Roland Inks.

Long story short I could not figure out how to make VersaWorks see that I am using Eco Sol Max inks so I converted my printer back to a SP-300 and I am back using ColorRip Software which has always worked just fine.

One of the main reasons I converted the printer in the first place was because I was using Windows XP and I wanted to use Windows 7

Someone told me that I could use Windows 7 with an SP-300 now but I also wanted to start using VersaWorks software and ColorRip software has no driver updates for Window 7
I though it made sense to simply upgrade my SP-300 to an SP-300V

Anyone know how to make VersaWorks recognize the Eco Sol Max Inks?

I have seen many stories on converting the SP-300 to a SP-300V and it appears some people have figured how to make it work. Could it simply need different version of firmware?

Thanks Jim

Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you do this part? Power up in service mode. In the service mode go to system switches. Scroll to page 10. change the read out [ should look like this 10000000 ] to 10000100. If you didn't that is your issue. This parameter tells Versaworks what type of ink it is using. I have run into the same problem you are experiencing and changing that parameter worked.

Jim Hill

VanderJ

Sorry I should have mentioned that I did power up in service mode and I did change the switch setting to exactly what you said but it still gives me the same error message.

Does not recognize the ink sets!!!

The original SP-300 came with Eco Sol inks but I have used Eco Sol Max inks from Roland for years with zero problems.

Someone else told me this error message had something to do with the serial number for the SP-300

The version of VersaWorks I have is a current version.

I find converting the SP-300 to an SP-300V is the simple part and trying to figure out why it won't work with VersaWorks is really the hard part.

Its so weird that when you convert the SP-300 to a SP-300V and start it up it shows that it is now an SP-300V which I thought would be the hard part and that turned out to be the easy part.

I know others have converted their SP-300 but I am not sure how they got it to work for them or if there is some trick to this that I am not seeing.

Now that Roland is using the Eco Sol Max 3 inks and offering firmware to upgrade their printers to except the new inks I am hoping they might offer this new firmware for the SP-300V

Thanks for your help. Jim

FrankW

Because of the SP300/SP300V does not check the ink type with the chips, it looks like that your printer have just a wrong setting. It doesn't matter what ink is really set to the printer, the printer can't recognize it.

There is an "Ink Type"-Setting on your printer ... what does this show? You can see the ink type too when starting up the printer.

It looks like that you have messed up with the switch settings. Have never heard about such issues.

Jim Hill

FrankW

Thanks for your help and quick response.

When I start my printer it shows the ink type as Eco Sol which is what the printer would have used in 2004 when it was new.

I believe you are right about the printer not knowing which inks are being used.

I will check the Dim switch setting's again to verify that they are correct and that I have added to correct numbers.

One other interesting thing is when I converted the SP-300 to an SP-300V and restarted the printer it shows that it is now an SP-300V

I find myself wondering if there is something in the VersaWorks software that might have been added to detect an SP-300 that was converted such has a simple line of code for Eco Sol ink sets instead of Eco Sol Max ink sets.

Now that Roland now has Eco Sol Max 3 ink sets they have firmware updates for most models of their printers to except these ink sets which tells me there is something in either the firmware or VersaWorks that checks for ink set types.

Still wondering how others seem to have made the conversion work for them. Maybe it is just a setting issue but the printer already recognizes itself as an SP-300V

Jim

shaunie44

dont want to jump on board just spoke to a engineer to do this and been quoted £200 to do it is it worth paying or do it myself just dont want to mess it up

asd

you really need to change that 0 to 1 on page 10. as explained earlier. the first page you see is page one if you push the right arrow it will take you to p2. p3. and so on once you get to page 10 everything is set at zero and all you need to do is change the third digit from 0 to 1

Jim Hill

it's more then that.

Pumps and other stuff are different

Maybe your right the pumps and other stuff are different but I can tell from converting my own SP-300 using ColorRip software and running on windows XP to an SP-300V it does work without question.

Once I converted my SP-300 to an SP-300V I am now able to use Versaworks software and my printer now uses windows 10 and it works perfectly.
I have a friend who is a Roland Certified Tech and when I told him what I had done and he looked at me with a smile and said you figured out how to do it.

The old Roland Printer in my opinion work better then many of their newer models. Just my opinion.

Jim Hill

ProPDF

Software theft is still a crime

As a Roland dealer I am very disappointed to see this post. Using unlicensed software is theft and wrong. I know a lot of very good people at Flexysign who lost their job because of the massive software theft of their product.

Roland has invested a great deal of time/money and resources to produce and upgrade Versaworks. What you have posted is ethical and morally wrong.
Many dealers have know of this switch for years but have maintained a much higher professional standards then you sir.

Cry me a river. This should be a free firmware upgrade just from a security standpoint alone.

ProPDF

So I take it a SP300 and SP300V can not be converted to an SP300I correct? I thought the SP300I had a print feature the V and previous models didn't or no?

Jim Hill

Cry me a river. This should be a free firmware upgrade just from a security standpoint alone.

Not sure I understand the problem.

Roland will send a tech out to my home to convert my printer for about $1,100 dollars plus the cost of software but if I convert my printer myself and purchase the software thats wrong!!!!

Only difference I see is that Roland is making a lot money which just might be the reason many owners try to do it them self.

I guess we can agree to disagree over the matter.

Jim

ProPDF

Jim I actually agree with you. I think they shouldn't charge anything for it. I was responding to the older post from a proclaimed roland dealer.