• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

this is how we sell signs

visual800

Sometimes it works, sometimes it dont.

Attachments

• southern seasons.jpg
    southern seasons.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 166
  • peytons place.jpg
    peytons place.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 105

SignManiac

No doubt presentation is 90% of the sale. I hit them on two fronts. The showroom is the the first hook and then I follow with scale color rendering like yours. You can't miss when the client has a clear vision of there project before it's even done!

Jean Shimp

Gino, I'm not sure I am interpreting that as having already received a deposit. It seems like the contract comes after the art? I understand details have to be worked out before a final plan is decided, but at the very least I would get a signature commitment on an Estimate prior to doing sign sketch.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It honestly doesn't say that, but just recently and many times in the past, the OP has made many comments to the effect, he can't get a deposit up front.

He generally starts with supplying the drawings in hopes he gets the job. Many others agree with this type of approach.

player

I wouldn't scratch my bag without a contract, let alone do complete mock-ups and layouts on spec. It's nice to give the customer artwork so he can go shopping for the absolute lowest price. With computers it is easy for
a hack shop to duplicate something, but to design good work is where they fail. By designing it on spec they now can do pretty much what is on the paper, without the cost of the design...

TimToad

Who submits a contract with artwork? We always handle that after job has been accepted. I try not to shove too much in a clients face so early in the game

Ummm.... most folks who have gotten tired of seeing their artwork reproduced by others.

You are really lucky to have cultivated such a trustworthy and loyal clientele that you would offer such detailed, labor intensive preliminary artwork without even so much as a copyright infringement clause being printed on it.

There are two things I have no hesitation shoving in a client's face BEFORE I or anyone else here spends more than even an hour's worth of design time on, a price range and material type or process. I'm an artist also , so if I want to fulfill my creative urges with something, I'll do a painting, not give away detailed, production ready sketches to anyone who calls.