• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This Old Roland (LEJ-640FT) - Won't Turn On

Lucid

Well I got a new (to me) Roland LEJ-640FT. It's several years old and currently "not working".

This is my first post here, but I've been browsing for a little while.

My goal is to get this printer up and running and post here along the way all the troubles I run into and solutions I find. Part of my motivation is the lack of resources I've been able to find on the internet, and I hope any of my findings may help out others in the future.
If any of you have ideas or similar experiences you want to share, I will happily welcome your input.

Without further ado, here's where I'm at right now. After moving the machine to it's new home (I've got more space than shown in the picture) I plugged the printer in and was able to use the hand controller to jog the gantry forward, backward, up, and down. When I shut it down, I unplugged the power from the wall. The next day, I plugged it back in and now have no power to the hand controller. The display does light up when I press the sub-power and I am able to navigate through the menu, but the hand control is off, so i cannot jog the printer.

Here is what I've tried:

- Verified with a multimeter 240V at the wall.
- Ensure no E-stops were depressed
- Powered up the machine according to manual (see attached picture)

My main concern is something I did to it when I unplugged the machine. I'm going to keep looking around for things to try and will post back here with updates. Hopefully we can all learn something.

Attachments

• IMG-5493.JPG
    IMG-5493.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 208
  • Power On.PNG
    Power On.PNG
    138.8 KB · Views: 91

Lucid

Update:

I found the problem (it was simple)! I opened up the main electrical box to see if I was getting power in and found a tripped breaker. See attached photo. I shut down the machine, flipped the breaker, powered it back on, and voila!, it works. The hand held controller is now on and I'm able to control the machine.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. I do have a service call message displayed, so I'll be posting about that next.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Attachments

• IMG-5522.JPG
    IMG-5522.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG-5519.jpg
    IMG-5519.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG-5521.JPG
    IMG-5521.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 100