• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoroughbred History This Saturday?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This Saturday afternoon the Breeder's Cup will be televised on ABC. One of the horses running is named Zenyatta. She is a 6 year old mare who has had 19 races in here life and has never lost. That is a better record than Secretariat, Man-O-War or any other top horse has ever attained. From all appearances, she simply doesn't know how to lose.

Saturday will be her last race. She will be going against stronger and younger males. She will either have one loss and 19 wins or a perfect record and be ranked one of or the best race horse of all time. Her next stop is a life of romance, foals, and eating bonbons.

I saw Secretariat run and it was truly an astounding thing to watch. So I wouldn't miss this for anything and any of you other race fans or just plain horse lovers ... tune it and watch history being made.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

blondie.gif
Is that an offer to wager?

mollygrubber

My wife will be there, with family coming to town just for the race.

I don't go, it's too long between races for me, but my wife, daughter and a house full will be going.

I'll stay at home and cook.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My wife will be there, with family coming to town just for the race.

I don't go, it's too long between races for me, but my wife, daughter and a house full will be going.

I'll stay at home and cook.

:cool1: Do they get all dressed up with the big hats and all?

mollygrubber

No, not for this but they do for the Oaks and Derby. The group coming this time is more the redneck party type. I offered to stay home with one of their kids and a husband that did'nt want to go.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Go Zenyatta! Older is better :^)

I agree completely Jim.

Years ago I wanted to be a professional player and bought a season's worth of Racing Forms. From that I was building a database manually. One of the first factors I listed out was mixed age races. The results were quite in line with what you point out. In the extreme, my figures showed that an 8 year old had a 25% edge over a 4 year old.

jiarby

Well, it is a great record, but you know about Man-O-War, Secretariat, Seattle Slew, et al because they were all Triple Crown horses...

This horse was making pasture fertilizer for a living as a 2-3yo...not winning races.

Easier to have a great record if all you do is tee it up at Hollywood Park & Santa Anita. Belmont Win? Preakness? Derby? Nope. The "Apple Blossom Handicap" and the "Lady's Secret Stakes" do not compare.

A great horse, no doubt, but you cannot compare the records with history's great horses. Secretariat would have dropped this horse just like all the others.

Attachments

• SNAG-0345.jpg
    SNAG-0345.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 52