• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoroughbred History This Saturday?

GypsyGraphics

OMG she's absolutely beautiful!!! watching that gave me chills!
i haven't been following her at all and haven't been to a race in years, but i'll be watching saturday for sure!

had horses growing up... my sisters both had very expensive well trained horses, silver saddles, fancy clothes, hats, boots and ribbons up the wazoo!

mine was a quarter horse/thoroughbred, zero training, hated saddles probably couldn't have won a ribbon if his life depended on it. but i never had any intention of finding out... we were a perfect match! barefoot and bareback, he could run like the wind, jump the fence to any property we weren't allowed on... including the golf course where you were fined for every hoof print left in the grass..... if they could catch you. :tongue:

seeing a horse like Zenyetta run.... you can tell she's running and winning because she wants to. the real beauty is in her desire not the win... but i sure would love to see her win saturday!

i watch that video several time to see if i could tell if the jockey used the crop on her. i saw him carrying one, but never saw him use it! did you notice how frantically the other jockies took the crop to their horses as Zenyetta blew past them!!!!!

a thing of beauty indeed!

Last edited:

iSign

WOW!!
I never clicked that link at first, but gg's exuberance got me curious...
that is a pretty fine looking racehorse when she decides to win & just makes it happen!

Last edited:

OldPaint

i grew up in an area that was big in the HARNESS RACING linage. western pa. hanover shoe farms & delvin millers MEADOWLANDS FARMS. if you want to see a beautiful site, trotters/pacers.........look like they are hardly running, but they are going fast. i used to clean this horses stall and was present at some of the breeding sessions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adios_(racehorse)

OldPaint

gentlemen, and i use that term ...loosly)))))), if you ever had been present at a horse breeding, you wouldnt be asking those silly questions, because what that horse has, makes any man............inconsequential!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
and then there is the poor "teaser" horse. this is an old male horse, past his prime, they let him nuzzle the female, to get her attention and she kicks the crap out him in the process, but hes only got one thing on his mind. when the female gets interested THEN they bring in the $$$$$$ STUD to fertilize her. and the poor "teaser" get lead back to his pasture..........with his dingle dangle dangling in the dirt))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
no no, i was comparing my dog to a pug....
i don't have one..

It is not possible to compare your "dog" to a PUG. Pugs are in a class of their own ... a stratosphere of their own. You are attempting to compare a little red wagon to a Rolls Royce.

PUGS RULE!

signage

It is not possible to compare your "dog" to a PUG. Pugs are in a class of their own ... a stratosphere of their own. You are attempting to compare a little red wagon to a Rolls Royce.

PUGS RULE!

What this Fred:help

Last edited by a moderator:

HulkSmash

PUGS RULE!

Is your dog fun? Or does he just sit there. I have seen anyone playing with a pug. Does your dog fetch!?:ROFLMAO:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What this Fred:help

pops_blinking.gif
Blasphemy!
pig4.gif

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is your dog fun? Or does he just sit there.

Tons of fun. She loves to play as well as have conversations ranging from neighborhood goings-on to news of the day. Lately she has become quite political and we're hoping, with the election over, that she can get over it. She is decidedly a Libertarian. She is absolutely fearless and would take a bullet for us. She is also naturally very well mannered and regularly asks permission before proceeding with anything at hand. One of the more endearing traits she has is in looking out for her big sister, an old calico cat, and she will come and fetch us when Annie Cat appears at the door wanting in.

I have seen anyone playing with a pug.

I assume you mean "haven't seen". All I can say is come on by. Every kid on the block knows her and loves her. All the trick-or-treaters ask to see her. She loves every kid she meets. Our house is known as Sassy's house to all the neighborhood kids.

Does your dog fetch!?:ROFLMAO:

Of course. She will also bring you any of her toys correctly by whatever name we ask for.