• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on Hp latex 570?

Jasmin

Founder
Debating to buy a used HP latex 570 from a neighbor. I don't have much experience with this printer. Any thoughts on it?

(Currently have HP latex 365 and 115)

Last edited:
Debating to buy a used HP 570 from a neighbor. I don't have much experience with this printer. Any thoughts on it?
The Latex 570 was a current product between 2016 and early 2021. It has 3-liter ink boxes, and as such, was intended for an average production print environment of at least 5 rolls per month (150ft). This amount of print should help ensure that the inks are being consumed before they are expiring.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We do only long runs. Can you elaborate why it wastes on short jobs?
On 300 you can maybe get by with a 5" leader on the front without much trouble but on 500 life is easier if you take it all the way out of the heater or even attach straight to the take-up-reel.
If you just do full rolls, it's really no problem. Just attach it to the take-up-reel and walk away.

Debating to buy a used HP latex 570 from a neighbor. I don't have much experience with this printer. Any thoughts on it?
Buy it that was a good printer
If the Maintenance (SMK1 and is 3 is 100% full) you can buy from DEC traders America and after replaced reset the life counter.
Service Maintenance Kit 1
Service Maintenance Kit 1 normally includes the following parts:
● Ink Supply Tubes & Trailing
● Cable Carriage Assembly (with encoder sensor)
● Cutter Assembly
● Belt Assembly and Tensioner
● Encoder Strip
● Scan Axis Motor
● Carriage PCA Cover
● Pinchwheels
● Fan heater assemblies
● SMK 3
Service Maintenance Kit 3
Service Maintenance Kit 3 normally includes the following parts:
● Line sensor
● Oiler and lubricant bottle
● Carriage felts and plastic bushing
● UCP (Under-Carriage Protector)
● Recirculation cover
● Spit roller motor and Clean SVS PHC rods
● Parts needed to clean the curing module and user maintenance kit
Install all the parts mentioned above.
During the life of the printer, dust and dried ink accumulate and clog all the curing and vacuum holes. To
maintain the curing performance of the printer, you should clean the curing system every time Service
Maintenance Kit 3 is installed, as described below

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Waste comes with most printers I will admit there is waste with the 570 when you thread up the first time. If you aren’t changing roll sizes a lot this machine will be great.
Yeah but they are used to L300 and it's not the same.

Jasmin

Founder
Buy it that was a good printer
If the Maintenance (SMK1 and is 3 is 100% full) you can buy from DEC traders America and after replaced reset the life counter.
Service Maintenance Kit 1
Service Maintenance Kit 1 normally includes the following parts:
● Ink Supply Tubes & Trailing
● Cable Carriage Assembly (with encoder sensor)
● Cutter Assembly
● Belt Assembly and Tensioner
● Encoder Strip
● Scan Axis Motor
● Carriage PCA Cover
● Pinchwheels
● Fan heater assemblies
● SMK 3
Service Maintenance Kit 3
Service Maintenance Kit 3 normally includes the following parts:
● Line sensor
● Oiler and lubricant bottle
● Carriage felts and plastic bushing
● UCP (Under-Carriage Protector)
● Recirculation cover
● Spit roller motor and Clean SVS PHC rods
● Parts needed to clean the curing module and user maintenance kit
Install all the parts mentioned above.
During the life of the printer, dust and dried ink accumulate and clog all the curing and vacuum holes. To
maintain the curing performance of the printer, you should clean the curing system every time Service
Maintenance Kit 3 is installed, as described below
How can I check the SMK status on a printer?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I normally do a short print job and attach that to take up reel, which means I don't waste any media. Since the paper attached to take up reel doesn't have to be blank
And I'm saying it's better on 500 if you attach it straight to takeup. Before you even do a small job.

judead

And I'm saying it's better on 500 if you attach it straight to takeup. Before you even do a small job.
You don’t have to put it on the take up reel you will lose 2’ of material past the platen as the material will pucker and hang on the heater causing a headstrike if you start it with the edge at the platen. There are solvents that are this way epson s70’s were when they first came out. Epson got me good on the first gen with chrome. It was a pile of garbage I sold it 6 months later for 6k after paying 27. They wouldn’t fix it. Wouldn’t stand behind it. Told me that a gs6000 wasn’t the same printer even though a gs 6000 was discontinued and this replaced it. That’s another story. 570 is a workhorse. It prints fast comparatively if all tech at that time for the money.

judead

I normally do a short print job and attach that to take up reel, which means I don't waste any media. Since the paper attached to take up reel doesn't have to be blank
You will waste material on the first print. No way around it. I have thought about taping spoil material to the front and that might work.