• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on my logo? Thoughts on the name?

John Butto

the word original

You are correct, I did not draw the dog, it was picked from about 30 other dogs, which I paid for. Nor did I create the font (also bought). I looked at a lot of fonts and found one I thought fit the look I was going for.

In my opinion or my definition, as of now anyways, (I'm open for change) I would still call this original. It is a collaboration of items that I picked and grouped to form the logo. I am proud of it.

The dog is just one element of the design, the font is another element, together they form the logo. You didn't say anything about the font. Does everyone create there own fonts when designing a logo, I'm asking because I don't know?

If I apply your definition to other to other forms of art, such as landscape design or installation art, it would be saying that their work is not original. Most likely the plants would be bought as items in the installation artists work also.

This is is my opinion, thanks for the feedback!
They say that argument is an art form and after being married for 40 years I would say that it does not deal in originality.
With your analogy on landscape design you could say that the paint or pencil being used to produce art would not make it original.
I knew that you did not draw the dog, I can see from your talent in laying that logo out you did not possess that ability. I am not judging you for that, just an observation. Really do not care if you copied it, copied the idea, copied the font or anything to do the word original. Just do not go ruffling up your feathers in the barnyard over a word or how you intrepid thoughts because I am of the same gender and it is not mating season for me. Look for a pen pal in another coop.

OldPaint

You do realize that's the exact same argument people give to you when you tell them their layout is bad, right?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
YOU are making that assumption)))))
and you are wrong.........see????
what i tell people when they hand me their(poorly designed)business card & they want their vehicle to look JUST LIKE IT......then yes.....i explain a vehicle is not a business card and visa versa and how the business card WONT WORK on the vehicle or store front sign........like i said.....been at this longer then you.........and have proven my skill at business card and vehicle layout......to many times to count for YOU and a couple others(not around as long)telling me you dont like my design........like i said........YOU ARE NOT MY CLIENTÈLE.......so you basically are wasting YOUR TIME......... tryin to tell me(old, many years at this)how mine does not fit your ideal of a business card...
THANKS but no thanks................

CES020

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
YOU are making that assumption)))))
and you are wrong.........see????
what i tell people when they hand me their(poorly designed)business card & they want their vehicle to look JUST LIKE IT......then yes.....i explain a vehicle is not a business card and visa versa and how the business card WONT WORK on the vehicle or store front sign........like i said.....been at this longer then you.........and have proven my skill at business card and vehicle layout......to many times to count for YOU and a couple others(not around as long)telling me you dont like my design........like i said........YOU ARE NOT MY CLIENTÈLE.......so you basically are wasting YOUR TIME......... tryin to tell me(old, many years at this)how mine does not fit your ideal of a business card...
THANKS but no thanks................

First of all, I didn't say a single word about your business card. You might have been at this longer than me, but apparently I spent more time in English class learning the word "Comprehension". I didn't say your card was good, bad, indifferent, or anything about it. What you're doing is projecting the argument onto me, trying to make me look like someone that doesn't deserve to speak.

Being at something longer than someone doesn't meant Sh&% to me. I've been around people that have been in a trade for 40 years and I could do things they never dreamed of. Some of them were the dumbest people I ever met, so sorry, time is not equal to qualification. You may or may not be qualified. Again, I didn't say you were or you weren't.

I simply (according to me), said that you have been known to tell someone their layout was horrible. When you do, they often tell you they don't care about your opinion because you mean nothing to them. That seems to be the exact same thing you said when others did the same to you.

Learn to comprehend what people say instead of trying to accuse everyone of things they didn't say.

OldPaint

oh.......gee sorry to have offended ya.......NOT)))))))))))) and their is nothing wrong with my comprehension capability........NOW YOU...... iam not sure of....heheheheheheheheheheehe
this was who i was addressing.........
"Hey, OldPaint. 1972 wants it's design back.

Maybe you should try a more classic approach and utilize some negative space. It's not just for road signs in passing." seems you got in the middle of this......from your adding
You do realize that's the exact same argument people give to you when you tell them their layout is bad, right? and i cant take that as saying my business card is bad?
as for English, I also attended PENN STATE........in the day when you TYPED on a type writer......so dont even go there.....tellin me about english, and translate this........lo ce entos))))))))))

Signmaker1234

This is where it came from.....

wow OP that's a hot mess.

now back o topic, why blue dog? is it a political statement? a blue dog is a conservative democrat. are you or do you have a dog that is blue? always wonder when I see a name the whys behind it.

This was on the door of my chicken coop, and is where the blue dog name came from, it was painted blue to match the trim on the coop! It is a chicken, not a dog, but that's how I came up with it! It has no meaning, just thought it was cool name! Funny that someone refered to a "coop" and "feathers" in their reply!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 180

John Butto

hereyago

This was on the door of my chicken coop, and is where the blue dog name came from, it was painted blue to match the trim on the coop! It is a chicken, not a dog, but that's how I came up with it! It has no meaning, just thought it was cool name! Funny that someone refered to a "coop" and "feathers" in their reply!
This would have been better suited for you then. My artwork and somebody's fonts, so it is not an original.

Attachments

• cocsuc.jpg
    cocsuc.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 161

OldPaint

hey jhill................since i know you to be anal retentive ..... i made those grammatical errors ........just so you would have to fix them)))))))hahahahahahahahahaha
and no i was not an english major.......i was an ART MAJOR, and the assistant to the ART PROFESSOR. when he had to be at other functions......i conducted his classes. oh and i was a PSYCH MINOR ....love playing with peoples heads....hahahahahahahahaha

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I need to point out that he didn't say if he was an english major....or if he even graduated. Either way I bet Penn State would deny affiliation

........)))))))))

I think OP has posted in the past that he was an art major in the State Pen not Penn State, but I could be mistaken.......

wayne k
guam usa

OldPaint

THE WAY THAT STORY GOES..............IS THIS
1976 i was residing in PENNSYLVANIA............had cops chasin me in 3 counties, went into a drug rehab place. and yes i was headed for the STATE PEN..........8 months later i was attending PENN STATE))))))))))

CES020

If that's the level of English and writing skills you get from Penn State, I'd be asking for a refund.

I think OP just reads what he wants in whatever anyone says and then goes off like they actually said what he wanted them to have said.

OP, here's a test for you. Show me in this thread where I said a single thing (typed by me) about your business card design. Oh, that's right, you can't. If you can't, then that means, in the real world, that I didn't actually say anything about your design.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Don't like it.
Lacks creativity and originality if your are veering away from a geographical theme.
Blue dog logo didn't even have any blue in it.
Tell the truth...you found a domain available that seemed like a good one for branding?

Signmaker1234

Thanks

Don't like it.
Lacks creativity and originality if your are veering away from a geographical theme.
Blue dog logo didn't even have any blue in it.
Tell the truth...you found a domain available that seemed like a good one for branding?

Thanks for the feedback! Never checked on a domain name till just now, wasn't even sure I wanted a website! It was available, so I bought it just incase! Thanks again!

OldPaint

ces020..........iam past it....you must feel guilty........as for my writing skills and my time at PENN STATE...3.75 GPA......the way i type here is for people like you........give em somthin to dwell on))))))))))))))))))))and besides that..most aint as smart as you is.........
hahahahahahahahhaha
heres my cartoon super villian.........this is actually me and my real hair))))

Attachments

• HULK.jpg
    HULK.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 139