• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts On This Logo Concept?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There is a world of difference between honest opinions and just being a jerk.

I agree about your observation on this forum, but I don't see where it took place in this thread at all. Seems like a totally unnecessary remark.

HaroldDesign

I didn't think anyone was being a jerk at all. The concept sucks. I thought it might have some merit if suggestions were made that might make it have viable usage that I hadn't thought of, but I was shown to be correct in that it has no potential. No big deal!

signmastercape

Gino... Your one of the bigger jerks I've noticed on the forum, the short time I've been here.

Example: this is what you posted from a previous thread...

"Ahhh............. but not for all the same reasons. I just think it plain stinks because of all the elements the designer used... or lack of, with no regards to flow, simplicity of understanding, cutesie icons and lousy workmanship. Put those all together on top of being overextended, it just is butt-dumb and ugly. Well, not ugly, but it sure is dumb."

You just come off to me as a little "jerkish" at times....

*Thud*... Dropped the mic.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, rather than butcher Harold's thread with your nonsense, why don't you start your own thread and start a lynching on your own ?? Why hide behind someone else ??

Think I'm a jerk, jerkish or a thud......... ??

Get over it. I could care less what you think for a number of reasons. The first one being.... :Oops: I already mentioned it.... I simply don't care.

:thread............so if you wanna take this further, either start your own thread or go back in your hole.

• Remember, you're the one came here looking for pats on the back for your 15 year veteran logo-design and got nowhere.
  • Remember, you're the one who didn't get any response to being hard-headed as you admitted yourself.
  • Remember, you're the one telling people off as soon as you joined this place.
  • Remember, you're the one asking questions and not liking the answers.
  • Remember, you're the one started the bullsh!t in this thread.
  • Remember, and please remember this one most of all....... you're the one who hasn't a clue as to what you're doing asking silly questions and making baseless accusations.

:thread. ......... back to the original thread dialog, causin' signma is gonna take this up in her own NEW thread.​

HaroldDesign

Any better?
The customer absolutely does NOT want it within a shape, and I noticed he really leaned towards the bolder & basic ideas. Sometimes I look at this and I like it, and other times I don't. Is the sub-copy nice contrast, or simply too much?

Attachments

• Fixture_F4.jpg
    Fixture_F4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 124

Jillbeans

There are too many angles in your latest concept.
(I don't like the big holes between the X and the T/U)
I'd try caps and l/c.
And I'd pit the subcopy in a panel to give the whole thing a solid base.
Love....Jill

JR's

Ya know, rather than butcher Harold's thread with your nonsense, why don't you start your own thread
:thread

:thumb::thumb:

Now about Harold's layout. I think it's getting better. I would try what Jill has suggested.
Definitely use a bar/panel for the secondary copy.
But it's definitely looking a lot better.

JR

SignManiac

Here are two letterhead fonts that might fill your glass. Still, not the direction I would choose to go.

Attachments

• Fixture.jpg
    Fixture.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 112

HaroldDesign

This is great! Don't have time to change things at the moment, but it's in my head and won't take long to put together. Thanks!

Fatboy

Any better?
The customer absolutely does NOT want it within a shape, and I noticed he really leaned towards the bolder & basic ideas. Sometimes I look at this and I like it, and other times I don't. Is the sub-copy nice contrast, or simply too much?

I like this .What about trying to make the X lowercase?

HaroldDesign

Follow up... Part way into this project I was informed by the customer that he was approached with a design that really hit home for him, and sorry - doesn't need me anymore.
Well, here it is!

Attachments

• 536464_507988982553111_1365243282_n.jpg
    536464_507988982553111_1365243282_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 89

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow......... just wow.................

Guess in the long run, you're very lucky.

HaroldDesign

I was reading an article on the bar, and it was accompanied by this. Look familiar? Perhaps this version will not be used anymore, but being that I know who the "artist" is that he went with I feel like contacting both of them and questioning their complete lack of professionalism. I can't believe the guy would show my work to another artist who then obviously "improved" upon it. It's sort of hard to just leave it alone since I play in a band with the "customer".

Attachments

• fixture.jpg
    fixture.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 89