• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts On This Logo?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you were driving around town and saw a sign which said.........

• Brand New Milk
  • Brand New Car
  • Brand New Doors
  • Brand New Groceries

and so on...... what would it mean to you ??

For the most part, nothing, because it's such a non-descriptive title or name. It could literally mean just about anything other than a consignment shop.

However, if you had in your shop, the name of what you are DBA and had some specific signs around indicating your various services, then it makes total sense.

If you like it, use it. I'm just trying to consider what Joe Blow the normal stupid pedestrian might think if he saw such a title and how he/she might react.

I like it, but there's something about the shirt that I don't like so I'll have to look at it more. And as far as your name goes, I think it fits I read it and knew that you are a t-shirt company.

HaroldDesign

I don't do my own screen printing - yet. I sub out things done other than by transfers. By word of mouth I get all kinds of different work, but a lot of it is just too time consuming. Shirts I've found to be profitable and I enjoy the design work that comes with it. I recently lost my child and this little something new keeps me going. Maybe it will go nowhere, but I'll still make use of my equipment.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear of your recent loss. My sympathies and thoughts to ya...............

HaroldDesign

If you were driving around town and saw a sign which said.........

• Brand New Milk
  • Brand New Car
  • Brand New Doors
  • Brand New Groceries

and so on...... what would it mean to you ??

For the most part, nothing, because it's such a non-descriptive title or name. It could literally mean just about anything other than a consignment shop.

However, if you had in your shop, the name of what you are DBA and had some specific signs around indicating your various services, then it makes total sense.

If you like it, use it. I'm just trying to consider what Joe Blow the normal stupid pedestrian might think if he saw such a title and how he/she might react.
Hadn't thought about it that way! I find it common for somebody wearing a new shirt to point it out and say: "Look and my brand new shirt"! Well, not that common, but it does happen. It is kind of stupid the more I think about it. You and your Jedi mind tricks.

HaroldDesign

Sorry to hear of your recent loss. My sympathies and thoughts to ya...............
Thanks Gino. I only mentioned it because it's true that it keeps me going, and is the reason I even began going in the direction I am.

Now, say I were to use the awful name - what might you suggest I change on what I have? The sub-copy I don't much care for, but that can change without affecting much. Maybe I'll go back "Tees & Design".

ucmj22

50 Bucks

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-06 at 1.59.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-06 at 1.59.58 PM.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 60

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Gino. I only mentioned it because it's true that it keeps me going, and is the reason I even began going in the direction I am.

Now, say I were to use the awful name - what might you suggest I change on what I have? The sub-copy I don't much care for, but that can change without affecting much. Maybe I'll go back "Tees & Design".

Nope, that's a loaded trick question. There are thousands of names or ideas out there. That's where your job comes in. Ours is to pick apart or praise what you have unless you're incapable.... and you're totally capable.
Oh........ and the other thing we're all good for is ruining perfectly good threads and hi-jacking them to Hell and back. :Big Laugh

HaroldDesign

Nope, that's a loaded trick question. There are thousands of names or ideas out there. That's where your job comes in. Ours is to pick apart or praise what you have unless you're incapable.... and you're totally capable.
Oh........ and the other thing we're all good for is ruining perfectly good threads and hi-jacking them to Hell and back. :Big Laugh
No - I meant change about the design that I have, not the name. I just fixed the H.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're thinking and putting wa-a-a-a-a-y too much into this. Go home, have a drink... or two or three and don't look or even think about this until February 5th. Then it will be refreshing to start again.

HaroldDesign

You're thinking and putting wa-a-a-a-a-y too much into this. Go home, have a drink... or two or three and don't look or even think about this until February 5th. Then it will be refreshing to start again.
I think you're right! :toasting: If I leave it the hell alone I'll probably have something occur to me, rather than conjure something up. It really does help me to stay busy with it even if frustrating, though. Maybe I'll start a new painting instead...