• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts On This Logo?

HaroldDesign

You very well may want to consider hiring this out. Philip Newel (Sign Amigo) does excellent work at a VERY reasonable price.
Agreed. However, I think Marlene has a good point. People wouldn't be able to remember or spell "Caleb Maurice Artworks", so I'm not even thinking about design until I come up with a suitable name to work under. I really need to come up with something so I can test my equipment printing things I can use.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not just simplify ??

Attachments

• cm artwork.jpg
    cm artwork.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 90

OldPaint

oooooorrrrrrrr.........you could do something like the old sign painters/pinstripers did.......GIVE THEMSELVES A NICKNAME!!! nothing againt what your parents picked for your 1st name, but when i think of caleb........let your mind ponder what you see..........yep i think a nickname is in order........

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
+1 to old paint there. And your design doesn't need to be simplified, it needs to be fitting for both what you do and what customer base you are after. When I think "Artworks" I think brush strokes, and carving and other creative manual ventures in all the grody fun stuff. not some boobie squiggle. Like I suggested earlier ... actually put out some supplies and try to do stuff manually first, then go digitally.

Jillbeans

All I see is a nipple.
I think the typography is totally wrong here. It doesn't look "arty" it looks corny.
I'd try two scratchy-looking script initials and then ARTWORKS in a nice Roman typeface.
Love...Jill

phototec

Well, here is where I'm at. Let me have it! :smile:

You do realize the inner bounding box is heavier than the name "BRAND" font, so it's hard on your eye, keeps being drawn from the center outwards to the heavy box?

Question, why does the name keep changing?

Aren't you suppose to finalize on a company name, prior to any branding and creating a logo?

:help

HaroldDesign

You do realize the inner bounding box is heavier than the name "BRAND" font, so it's hard on your eye, keeps being drawn from the center outwards to the heavy box?

Question, why does the name keep changing?

Aren't you suppose to finalize on a company name, prior to any branding and creating a logo?

:help
Thanks! The name change I explained a bit earlier. I didn't have one other than "Caleb Maurice Artworks", and that is too long and not specific to my latest endeavor. I then decided that "CM" artworks would suffice, but didn't much care for it. I've changed my mind about the name because at this point I can. However, I do really like what it is now because it goes for exactly the work I want. I really don't want a name that requires me to explain what kind of artwork, etc., and I found it.

Jillbeans

The border is really overpowering.
I'd highlight the word SHIRT rather than BRAND
(make sure to choose a font where shirt doesn't read as sh!t)
This one needs more work.

HaroldDesign

I think this is as far as I'll go with this idea for now, and come up with more completely different designs.

Attachments

• BNS_2.jpg
    BNS_2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 81

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, Brand New Shirt..... is the name of your business ??

How does that make any more sense than your other reasons for not having some of the previous names ?? It makes no sense.

HaroldDesign

So, Brand New Shirt..... is the name of your business ??

How does that make any more sense than your other reasons for not having some of the previous names ?? It makes no sense.
Huh... Since nobody said anything about the name itself before it didn't seem bad! Since this is specifically for shirts it actually seemed to make a lot of sense. I do a lot of things, but this is for shirts.

qmr55

Kinda bland, try different colors? Also I agree with Gino...the name doesn't make much sense! I think for a t shirt company you can be a lot more creative! As well with the logo...

HaroldDesign

I haven't figured yet how it doesn't make sense. I'm not arguing that it does or doesn't - I just don't see how it doesn't. ? I have some ideas that I "like" a lot, but I think the businesses around me would be put off by something too artsy. What I have now looks kind of cool with the gray portion of the shirt in color (like lime green).

qmr55

Do you do screen printing? Or just make t-shirts? I think the name could work if the sub copy was different. Also, what do you mean they would be put off?