• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts, questions, concerns?

ucmj22

Here is a little more tweaking. I think I found an ok fix for the phone number on the pass side, what do you think?

I changed the stripe so that I wont have an issue with it at the hood, and tried to make the emergency graphic look a little more connected.

Now that I've gone this far, I should let the client know that I think we should wrap his vehicles...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-16 at 11.35.57 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-16 at 11.35.57 AM.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 74

qmr55

Now that I've gone this far, I should let the client know that I think we should wrap his vehicles...

Hahahah!

I like it. As for the number on the pass. side, I would say do it how you have it on the pass side on the drivers side as well so they look more alike (Move it to door, drop it to bottom).

Looks good though! Retro styling for sure.

Craig Sjoquist

LIKED THE FIRST POST

The 2nd one killing pinstripes bad idea....Phone # looked fine out of place ? does that mean you noticed it and could read it, yes you did.

Could it have moved up a bit yes still be out of place noticeable and readable ... that is what are hired to do.

2nd design I had to search for phone # ... and it is to plain looking WITHOUT pinstripes.

qmr55

I think the pinstripes really added to the design and gave it more retro character. Yes, they may be a b1tch to install but it would be worth it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just keep everything that's below the line closer to the line than the bottom of the truck. personally, I like the pinstripes too, but that's up to you as the installer if you can wrap it like that.I like the layout/phone number in the original location; just move it up a bit & choose a similar font where the numbers do not drop below the baseline.

Very nice work.

Slamboni

looks great. you could tweak the tracking and kearning and letter spacing and eventually end up back at the exact same typeset graphic and people would say you fixed it.

ucmj22

BWAAAAA haha ahha ha ahhahaha ah

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

While I was saving the proofs, I came across the ones I designed for them 4 years ago when I had just started in signs and design. LOLOLOLOLOL

Man that was a good laugh! Thank goodness they did not accept my designs then!

This is proof that you can start your career with no promise, and get (a little) better.

Attachments

• mock up.jpg
    mock up.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 77
  • mockup2.jpg
    mockup2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 76
  • mockup3.jpg
    mockup3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 79

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

While I was saving the proofs, I came across the ones I designed for them 4 years ago when I had just started in signs and design. LOLOLOLOLOL

Heh, very brave of you to post these..
:thumb:

wayne k
guam usa

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer

This is proof that you can start your career with no promise, and get (a little) better.

ay chihuahua... you have made huge improvements, with the pace you are at, imagine how much better you will be in another 4...

I would keep the lines.. one idea, maybe have them start and the front and fade when they go back, and at the rear.... have them fade forward.

Jillbeans

I still hate the phone number. It's too big, and lose the brackets around the area code as they clutter it up.
The rest is good, I dislike seeing two scripts (the subcopy and the American Standard) but it can work with this layout.
You've really improved since your early attempts.
Love....Jill

Dan Antonelli

You're so close to a really awesome layout. My main concern is the awkward negative space the off-centered logo is presenting. I would center her in the space you have, move American Standard to the doors below your stripe, and run your phone + web through the front door and front fender. Then don't just make the '24 hour service' copy a plain type, make it into some type of graphic emphasizing the 24 HOUR part. There's a few on my site where we did something similar.

ONe last comment is that your heating and cooling typography doesn't pass the squint test. 'Geo Thermal' as your tagline is more dominant than your secondary copy, which normally would concern me. If Garavalia is extremely well known, I can accept secondary copy not as dominant, but I'd still want the heating and cooling copy to a bit more legible.

Also as Jill noted - try something with the phone number. At a minimum, you should never use parenthesis in your layouts as they actually hinder legibility.

Overall, well executed. Two minutes of tweaks and it would be a bit tighter.

wildside

scary thing is, in some cases, those types of wraps win the awards these days as opposed to the new one your working on, i usually don't understand why the award winners are what they are, not always, but I have scratched my head many times over what the winners are in contests.....

great improvement!!:rock-n-roll:

ucmj22

Their web address is sooooo long, its hard to make it work. im not totally against the pinstripes coming back, But I might make them only visible in t lighter blue area in the center, and have them fade out at the ends.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 8.54.41 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 8.54.41 AM.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 8.57.13 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 8.57.13 AM.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 8.59.10 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 8.59.10 AM.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 78