• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts, questions, concerns?

Dan Antonelli

Recommend a shorter URL with domain forwarding. I like the second layout. If you did get a shorter URL you could maybe put phone and web on same line. Looking great-

qmr55

GARAVALIA.COM is available, talk them into purchasing that and do domain forwarding as Dan mentioned. Well worth it!

ucmj22

ok, last revision before I package it up with the other vehicles and sending it off. Thanks for all the help tweaking this one up. I doubt they will want to get a new web add, but its worth a shot.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 9.44.32 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 9.44.32 AM.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
In my opinion, everything looks great, but I would take the "24 Hour Service" and rotate it about 30 degrees counterclockwise and center it at the top toward the back of the van, anything you put below the stripe looks very distracting. Do that and I think you've nailed it.

(EDIT) Oops, I didn't even notice the last post you made. That's a lot better and the American Standard logo isn't as distracting as some of those previous elements were. Nice layout, for sure.

ucmj22

So the client finally got back to me and said that he likes it, but he didnt realize the price of wraps had gone up so much. My quote came in at a slim 2,200 (according to my calculations, this is a pretty great price). he said that he was getting quotes for between 800-1200! Maybe, if I turn it in to a decal package I might get it down to around 1200... maybe. So, yeah... that isnt happening, no matter how badly I wanted to see this design in person. And another design bites the dust.

Dan Antonelli

What a dummy. Hopefully you got paid upfront for the design work, etc. I'd do a nice PS composite and put in your portfolio.

tsgstl

what a joke, that sucks man
it would of looked great
$2200 seems like a great price with all the design work
how could you possibly make a dime wrapping that for $800?

Marlene

What a dummy. Hopefully you got paid upfront for the design work, etc. I'd do a nice PS composite and put in your portfolio.

+1

I'd forward this to him so he can see that people from all over the planet loved what you did and think he is an idiot for not paying what you are asking as nothing sells a business better than a great design. this van is a rolling billboard and he is stupid for trying to cheap out and not do something that actually makes people want to look at it. everyday I see cheap crap drive by and pay no attention to what the company does or who they are. if I saw this van, I'd pay attention.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Deposit.... deposit.... deposit........

Unless you were paid for the design up front and the wrap portion was in addition.

ucmj22

Ok, looking at the current "wrap" on his truck I guess I can see how someone can do it for $800

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 12.12.35 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 12.12.35 PM.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 86

lexsigns

cost in a two year period=3.00 a day worth of that AWESOME advertising... people are so beyond stupid it amazes me how they even stay in biz with that kind of thinking...

lexsigns

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I WOULDNT even PAY 800 FOR THAT!!! maybe you should mentin that ( at a loss for words) is a prtial on a pick up not a full wrap on a van! I wonder how many clients they lost with that advertising :Big Laugh
Ok, looking at the current "wrap" on his truck I guess I can see how someone can do it for $800

Christian @ 2CT Media

Turn it into a template and use it for another HVAC company? That way when they see the design rolling around they will kick themselves for not going with you.

ucmj22

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I WOULDNT even PAY 800 FOR THAT!!! maybe you should mentin that ( at a loss for words) is a prtial on a pick up not a full wrap on a van! I wonder how many clients they lost with that advertising :Big Laugh

He actually tried to tell me that he's gotten good response from it. "people call me up and tell me they saw my truck in their neighbors driveway, so I guess its working"
....yeah, ok, Im glad that works for you then. Oh well, I'm done ranting. Moving on. Thanks to everyone who helped tweak this design, and Sorry to the person who did his current wrap if they are a member here.:covereyes:

EDIT: the funny thing is, when he went and got his current wrap done somewhere else, the owner stopped using him for HVAC, and has spent over 10 grand with someone else since... that coulda paid for his wrap

Dan Antonelli

That's the funniest (and saddest thing) I may have ever seen.

A wise dude once said "Success in spite of a poor identity is not a valid reason to perpetuate it.". This dude, in fact, spent a few grand on a sign for his office to immortalize the quote!!

Attachments

• DSC_0138.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 70