• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time to close up shop

Nuagedesigns

Post Edited: Selling items are available only for Premium and Merchant Members usergroups. Please upgrade your membership in order to make such promotional posts.
Didn't think this time would come but due to medical issues with my wife we have decided to close up shop. She has been having issues for some time now and we both decided that the best thing for her health is to step back and concentrate on her. I have decided to go back into my previous background of engineering and machining trade and I will be fabricating, testing, and piloting scaled model rotorcraft for wind tunnel testing for a helicopter company.
After being in business 20 years it is very hard to let go. We made a name for ourselves in our community and enjoyed providing a quality service to people. In those 20 years we have accumulated quite a bit of equipment and supplies. If there is anything anyone is interested in please reach out. We are trying to close up shop by end of September.

Met a lot of great people on the site and made some great relationships. I am sure I will still lurk around as I still have a passion for the industry just at this time I need to take different path to provide a different environment for my family.

Thank you to all for the great times had here at Signs101.

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:

rossmosh

It's absolutely none of my business, but why not try to sell the business as a whole?

Buying an established, viable business for not much more than the price of their assets should be considered a bargain.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Best of wishes out to your wife and a speedy recovery.

Family must come first and it's a dedicated and brave person to do what you are doing.

Stay in touch. Stop back in from time to time.

:toasting:

ams

Sorry to hear that, but health is more important. Good luck and I pray your wife recovers

Billct2

Wow Bruce I'm really sad to hear about your wife's health issues getting worse. You've built a great business doing quality work, sorry to see you go but I completely understand. If I can help let me know.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Nuagedesigns - I've had to edit your post as per the Signs101 posting policy.
We're very sorry to hear of the medical issues your wife is dealing with. It always seems if it's not one thing - it's something else.
Here's wishing something better: Best of luck to her good health, and to you: the best in your new role with the helicopter company.

SignsSupport

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Wow. Thats heartless. Whats wrong with you people?
I didn't create the rules. I'm enforcing the site policy as I was instructed to do.
If you have a problem with that - then please feel free to file a support ticket and the owner of Signs101 will be happy to answer your concern.

At the end of the day though - I can only empathize with the situation & truly, most sincerely wish a loyal member the best, which I have done.

Thanks.

SignsSupport

Billct2

Really? This is the post you decide to get technical about? I've seen the supposed standards violated so many time it's ridiculous. You obviously have discretion in your decisions, use it wisely.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
its kinda like when someone comes into my shop and wants some kind of memorial cut vinyl for there car, truck, motorcycle, a couple more for friends and then wants them really cheap because of what they are for....

there a rules for selling stuff here, this is a business, get over it...

equippaint

its kinda like when someone comes into my shop and wants some kind of memorial cut vinyl for there car, truck, motorcycle, a couple more for friends and then wants them really cheap because of what they are for....

there a rules for selling stuff here, this is a business, get over it...
Not everything in life is about a dollar.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it is ALL about the dollar. Always was, and always will be.

When someone comes to you for help and guidance, one has the ability to either help or turn their cheek. In this case, they just took the callous way and played the rulebook card.

So many people are new here, especially the administrators, that they have not grown up or gotten to know it's membership, the way Fred did. Fred had many rules he chose to ignore, in cases such as this. I talked with him on some of tnem.... and although he disagreed with some of the moves, he took the humane way out.

Our emotions will say one thing, but at the end of the day, if you do not care for your membership, they made an executive decsion, however distasteful and shallow, it's their sandbox.

Perhaps, some premium member could list the things for sale for him and possibly help another fellow sign person out, when down on his luck.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Not everything in life is about a dollar.

So what you are saying is that it's up to you how the owner of this site chooses to dispense his or her charity.

There are rules for selling stuff here. It's how they make money. I'm pretty sure the owner of this site does not get rich from the profits made here.

I just love how righteous people get when they are talking about someones else's business/money/charity.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So what you are saying is that it's up to you how the owner of this site chooses to dispense his or her charity.

There are rules for selling stuff here. It's how they make money. I'm pretty sure the owner of this site does not get rich from the profits made here.

I just love how righteous people get when they are talking about someones else's business/money/charity.

Yeah, well think about Nuagedesigns. His WHOLE life is upside down right now..... and if that doesn't bother ya, then just turn your cheek. It wasn't his decision for his wife to become ill and close down the shop. As you said it's not up to the righteous people to voice their opinions no more than it's your right to voice and tell others off in a situation like this. Who cares what YOU think, the vast majority of older members know your MO, and like already said by you, it ain't your choice. However, here's a chance for the Administrators, Mods and owner to make one little exception and they flubbed it. So, like everything else, we live with it. In the end, just get over yourself.

Billct2

Right, and this is how the new owners decide to exercise their discretion. I have done numerous "waste of time" memorials, and a lot of times I don't charge anything. I choose to compassion over a dollar sometimes. And the point is the rules around here are not enforced on an even basis.