• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time to close up shop

ddarlak

Go Bills!
And the point is the rules around here are not enforced on an even basis.

When it comes to paying up for classified ads, I would say they are very consistent.

Charity is something that should be given, not expected and it certainly isn't up to the peanut gallery to decide others charity.

Simple fact is, it's not anyone's call to expect someone else to give. you wanna give, buy the guys chit......

equippaint

When it comes to paying up for classified ads, I would say they are very consistent.

Charity is something that should be given, not expected and it certainly isn't up to the peanut gallery to decide others charity.

Simple fact is, it's not anyone's call to expect someone else to give. you wanna give, buy the guys chit......
In business as well as life, character counts which is a concept that you apparently can not grasp. You guys always want to point fingers at some confrontational posts but it's crap like this, as trivial as you think it is, that will turn established members away faster than anything else.
On another note, your analogy is flawed, this isn't some random new person. This is more like one of your friends asking you to make a little a little tribute decal rather than some random person off the street.

equippaint

So what you are saying is that it's up to you how the owner of this site chooses to dispense his or her charity.

There are rules for selling stuff here. It's how they make money. I'm pretty sure the owner of this site does not get rich from the profits made here.

I just love how righteous people get when they are talking about someones else's business/money/charity.

Yeah, well think about Nuagedesigns. His WHOLE life is upside down right now..... and if that doesn't bother ya, then just turn your cheek. It wasn't his decision for his wife to become ill and close down the shop. As you said it's not up to the righteous people to voice their opinions no more than it's your right to voice and tell others off in a situation like this. Who cares what YOU think, the vast majority of older members know your MO, and like already said by you, it ain't your choice. However, here's a chance for the Administrators, Mods and owner to make one little exception and they flubbed it. So, like everything else, we live with it. In the end, just get over yourself.
Definately flubbed considering the circumstance. I figured they would let it slide which is not setting any precedent.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Someone left here recently and I communicated with him "Isn't it funny how a**holes make a place sh!tty?..."Some just like the taste of shit".

And no tops dogs, I'm not talking about you, just the few that make this place stink.

A**holes change a little over time, but they still stink.

edit: If I still had my free premium membership, I'd post for the OP. Hell, I may donate if someone shares a link.

Last edited:

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
FWIW - I didn't like making this decision, as I communicated with a member via conversation. But I have been tasked with enforcing forum policy as best I can. So that's what I've done.

And wow. I'm surprised at some of you who have posted here - Many of whom have literally trolled the forum, reporting non-MM after non-Premium member having made a sales thread while not having purchased an upgraded membership. So - some of your complaints here ring as hollow & a bit hypocritical if I'm to be honest.

Right, and this is how the new owners decide to exercise their discretion. I have done numerous "waste of time" memorials, and a lot of times I don't charge anything. I choose to compassion over a dollar sometimes. And the point is the rules around here are not enforced on an even basis.

However, here's a chance for the Administrators, Mods and owner to make one little exception and they flubbed it. So, like everything else, we live with it. In the end, just get over yourself.
Perhaps yes. The decision to edit the thread -- as opposed to deleting it out-right for having violated policy -- was made and is not up for discussion.
The decision was made as a courtesy. I've also alerted Signs101Admin to your concerns.

Meanwhile... While some of you are mouthing off - I have yet to see anyone avail themselves of the option to gift Nuagedesigns a premium membership:
2018-09-17_20-13-39.png

If interested, please see the available upgrade options here.

Thanks for understanding that Paul runs Signs101 as a business.
So let's not ruin the OP's thread by continually debating who is more charitable bla bla bla... Further replies of that nature will be deleted.

SignsSupport

SignsSupport

edit: If I still had my free premium membership, I'd post for the OP. Hell, I may donate if someone shares a link.
:goodpost:Done. See the previous post.
I would have done the same actually - But I'm in no financial position to donate anything to anyone.
I'm sure your gifted subscription will be appreciated.

SignsSupport

equippaint

Perhaps a GoFundMe collection plate is called for then?
I wonder if many Signs101 members could contribute to it...

SignsSupport
He wasnt asking for something for nothing. Honestly he never responded and might not even care.
I wish I was smart enough to create something like gofundme. They get like 30% of the donations and people think the ones setting up the gofundmes are the shysters.

SignsSupport

He wasnt asking for something for nothing. Honestly he never responded and might not even care.
I wish I was smart enough to create something like gofundme. They get like 30% of the donations and people think the ones setting up the gofundmes are the shysters.
Well - the suggestions have been that the administrator allow an exception for and/or use administrative discretion in allowing a thread which violated forum policy. Basically members have said that we're heartless, shameful, uncaring, distasteful, shallow & uncharitable. I disagree. And YET (as I previously stated) - No one has stepped up and offered their own charitable contribution in the form of a gifted membership.

As I've stated - I've been given a particular directive by the site owner and am carrying that out to the best of my ability. So is the rest of the Signs101 Moderating Team.
And for the person who referred to the site "owners" ... Make no mistake - There's only one owner of Signs101 and he is the person who sets policy.

And yes! To have invented GoFundMe... Why didn't I think of that??
It's basically a free money racket - with a good chunk of that money going to the owners, who basically have done nothing but provide a space in which to funnel money.
Same with PayPal in a way... It's definitely a good racket - But welcome to 2018, where the world revolves around the great dollar bill.:doh: :snarky::doh:

SignsSupport

Nuagedesigns

WOW.......All I can say is thank you to those members that seen this post for what it was. I didn't want the hassle of trying to deal with lowballs and tire kickers by advertising equipment for sale. This is a community right? I simply stated what I had available and hoped that someone starting out might be able to capitalize on the situation. I posted no prices just simply what I had. I appreciate the suggestions of a gift membership but honestly I was a paid member at one time but like others wish we could turn back time to when Fred was in charge. I will still lurk and add my advice if I can help out someone with my experience. I am passionate about this industry and enjoy helping others. And to those who offered up the go fund me account I'm flattered. But I am doing just fine and always will. Funny story I took my sign business from hobby status to full time in 2006 because I was laid off from the very same place that I have gone back to work for. I had pretty much nothing but my lease payment on my machines and PBJ sandwiches in the cupboard. But I used my determination to succeeded to take passion for signs from barely covering my lease payments each month to supporting a family of three as well as at one point in time 7 full time employees. We had a good ride we met a lot of great people and helped out our community many times. I wish circumstances were different and someone would have bought me out but honestly we live in a small town valley and if the new owners didn't live up to my standards it would hurt more than closing the doors. Its bittersweet almost like winning the super bowl and retiring the next night. I feel my wife and I are still going out on top even though its not the choice we wanted to make. We are still pumping out vehicle wraps and just delivered over 5,000 pieces of apparel with multiple locations of embroidery this week. We are at the point we just have to say sorry but we cant take your job. And in the last 2 days 2 of my best and largest clients reached out and would like to offer 2 of my employees employment, we truly were an extension to their business not just a vendor.

Thank you to the members here who understand what signs 101 was created for and the comradery that it provided. I appreciate all the well wishes and thoughts for my wife and I at this time in our lives.

:thankyou:

***And since all of my equipment is paid for if I don't get rid of it you might just see me here as a weekend warrior or contract printer from my house:rock-n-roll:*****

rossmosh

I'll say it again: I still don't get why you don't sell the business. If you put it up for $50-75k (which is probably well under market value), someone would probably buy it within a month or two.

Being able to support a full family in a difficult industry in a high cost of living area = business has value. To simply close up and sell the equipment just doesn't make sense. Hell, if I were a local competitor, I'd probably be interested at that kind of price. Probably make your money back in a year or two.