• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tire decals got me stumped

Bladey

Hey guy and girls. A customer is after some tire decals for there race cars. I have seen a website that makes them. They seem to be stick on thin rubber decals. I have searched on here and beyond with no results of a materical that i can cut with a plotter that will stick to a rubber tyre. Any suggestions or should i just palm this one of to someone else .

petepaz

do you have to print and cut or just cut.
both arlon pdf8000 (for print/cut) and avery hi-tack vinyl (cut only, although i have printed on it but really not made for that) have pretty aggressive adhesives and should stick.

Vinyldog

LEV might work, but I'll bet this is a process that welds the cut-rubber letters to the tire somehow

Morkel

LEV might work, but I'll bet this is a process that welds the cut-rubber letters to the tire somehow

Yeah I can't see a decal staying on. We're talking high speed, and extremely quick squash/expand every time the tyre revolves (70 times a second at 250kph).

Bladey

I can print and cut or just cut what ever. Dosnt have to be vinyl. Well what do tirestickers.com use.????? Where can i buy sheets a roll

phototec

Reading through all their product info (link below), I'm pretty sure they are using sheets of colored vulcanized rubber similar to sand blast mask, and they cut it with a heavy duty plotter and apply application tape after weeding.

Then when you receive the cut rubber letters with NO adhesive on the back, you clean the back with Acetone and then use their special glue (F
lexement) to adhere the rubber letters to the tire side wall. However, I think any good [FONT=arial, sans-serif]industrial contact cement would work like:
[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
https://www.zoro.com/pliobond-voc-compliant-adhesive-25lv-12-pt-pbc-25-lv/i/G5252886/?gdffi=047ada998cf641fa93e55ae8579df863&gdfms=6D5A81E0B16F48FBBE7A5AD1A8FAFF12&gclid=CNbXzJjk08sCFZaEaQodcS8B5w&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.tirestickers.com/permanent-tire-stickers-application-guide/

Now you just need to source some sheets or rolls of white vulcanized rubber?