Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire sticker?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by gabagoo, Sep 12, 2017.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have a request to do these.... I have no idea but figure it must be some very special material that I am unaware about.
    Anybody ever hear of this?

Tags:
  2. Russell J. Bean

Russell J. Bean New Member

Jan 27, 2017
    Lindenhurst Long Island
    I've heard 2 different scenarios. A guy I know who races does Oracal 951. Another one uses rubber and superglued them on. I also read an article that uses this. ModelMark Ultra-thin Media — Transfer Graphics for Tires

3. Fuel Media

Fuel Media New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    asbestos quebec
    nice . thanks for sharing ive been looking for this for a while as well

4. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    ...any idea on pricing of this material?

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I wants the precious. does anyone know if Graphic Marking Systems is the only place this stuff can be found?

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Yes as far as I know. They came up with it.

8. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    found the material and since I have an Edge got the info on what was needed to make these. it is suggested that you have a rewinder on the Edge. a pretty expense thing and not too sure why I would need that as the Edge does its own rewind. also need a laminator. since Edge prints don't need to be laminated, I would need one of those too, boo. that's a lot of new equipment just for these little things.

has anyone with an Edge been making these? if so do you use a rewinder? do you really need one? also is anyone making these for the trade as I think at this point I could sell some but not enough to go out and invest in a pile of equipment. I'd be happy to sub out for now.

9. bigben

bigben Moderator Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I always wanted to try this convex material for curiosity. But never found a dealer that carry it or a customer that would be interested in it. lol.

10. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    my regular suppiler carries it so I lucked out. as far as finding someone that would be interested in it I think that part might be easy once it is out and seen in your area. my biggest problem is all the extra equipment they say you have to have to make. what I don't understand is why they just don't make this stuff with the adhesive on the back ready to go. that two part thing is a pain in the butt.

11. Split76

Split76 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    FInland