Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all Newbies Part 2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 3dsignco, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MotorCityMan

MotorCityMan Member

Jan 10, 2012
    thank you

I'm new to sign making and I appreciate the great advice, thank you. I bought the mastering layout book and have been studying it. Great book amazing info.

2. JR-Folientechnik

JR-Folientechnik Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Bill, very sound advice.! We all need 1 or more Mentors, on the Forum you have hundreds. 44 with a clear mind...:)

3. BRCGraphics

BRCGraphics New Member

May 29, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Thanks for that. As a new guy on the board, but a long time sign maker, I can completely respect your words.

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    can i get something besides a mai tai ?

i think alot of the advise applies to any business not just the sign business
    i used to own a gym and it went under. went through bankruptcy not the end of the world but if i knew then what i knew know about business(mostly stuff i have learned from my present employers over the past 11 years) i might still have the gym open. sure i knew how to work out and i was in good shape, got certified as a personal trainer and massage therapist but that didn't help in the business aspect (also it didn't help that my partner was spending money we didn't have along with the small amount we did have..haha) good thread should really help get the newbies pointed in the right direction

5. Zonka

Zonka New Member

Dec 17, 2012

Any chance of updating the links for the first two books? Or providing the book names? I'm looking for a good read :smile:

Only bringing this back up since it is a sticky.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning New Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Agreed ^ :)

7. nikdoobs

nikdoobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2013
    lafayette, la
    I love it when people do this.