• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To any & all owners

CheapVehicleWrap

Welcome. To America.

I can name a dozen guys who treat their employees this way all the time. Most cry broke even when they're not. oh and lets not forget about that "last check".

Fitch

What the heck... advertise "Signs, Wraps etc" in another town, take the calls on your cell phone, do the jobs with THEIR equipment in THEIR workshop using THEIR tools with YOUR stock and get paid in cash from YOUR customers.

This should tie you over till you get paid.

Cheers - G

Last edited:

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Mosh and MikeFine or anyone, this whole discussion is a load of doodo.
Call clients to pay their bills, short the suppliers, or do not take your own pay, you cannot morally or legally delay your crew their pay. Period.

Dear ol' Dad used to say, as he would hand me my check....
This is a damn profitable business. Then Friday rolls around and everything just goes to hell.

Boy, I sure miss him.

Bradster941

What the heck... advertise "Signs, Wraps etc" in another town, take the calls on your cell phone, do the jobs with THEIR equipment in THEIR workshop using THEIR tools with YOUR stock and get paid in cash from YOUR customers.

This should tie you over till you get paid.

Cheers - G

Wow, I've heard some Stupid things on this board, but
This One Takes the Cake !

.Wow

Rodi

My first check bounced where I am, and several times was late, until direct deposit. I am simply unwilling to let them get in debt to me when I produce. If a pay period is not paid in the agreed time frame (Thursday), I'm not going to work, as they already would owe one week plus 60% of another, and I can't risk that work time without pay.

ucmj22

Mine is supposed to be direct deposit, but I don't think they get the numbers to the CPA on time so on days like today, 2 days after payday, they have the CPA cut me a check and I have to go pick it up. But I did get paid this week....

LoneRanger01

ucmj...keep in mind it's been said that I'm a nut job with anger managment issuses but did I read this right. This has been going on fot three years. If so then to be perfectly honest with you, your are as much to blame for the problem as is your employer.
The other questions I would ask is are the other businesses in the same city or in different states and does your boss have to sign the payroll checks? Have you discussed the problem with him/her and maybe you could suggest to them direct deposit.
One peice of advise I would give you is that unless you want to burn all your bridges and wish your boss dead, do not ever call the IRS on them. You can call the state wage and labor board but don't call the IRS. No one will win. Thats advice from one Marine to another.

Bly

I always pay my bills on time no matter what, and payroll comes first.
If I'm short on cash I borrow the money.
You can't expect staff and suppliers to look after you if you don't do the right thing by them.
If they don't give you that three weeks in advance, either start looking for another job or start your own business.

iSign

I always pay my bills on time no matter what, and payroll comes first.
If I'm short on cash I borrow the money.
You can't expect staff and suppliers to look after you if you don't do the right thing by them.
If they don't give you that three weeks in advance, either start looking for another job or start your own business.

+1

Ken

I could see letting a one-time, minimal slip(delay) as acceptable. The second repeat means trouble that must be rectified. Good time to ask for a raise and a payroll deposit system.
Cheers!
Ken

mark in tx

You have let this go on much too long.
Either walk or come up with a plan to present to the owner to fix it.
Tell them that you are confident enough in your own abilities for them to trust you with the pay process, that you need to be on the bank documents as an authorized signature and that you can handle it. This will also free them up to take care of more urgent matters.
If that little speech and plan of action does not fix the problem, then live with it or walk.