• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

told a supplier to gfy this morning!!!!

Mosh

Buy a shear and cut it your own. No one to blame but yourself when it is wrong.

Frank Fellars - We used to make fun of his cowboy hat, so one time as a joke I asked to talk to him while placing an order. They put him on the phone. He told me if I was ever in the area he would buy me lunch.

Dice

I agree, talk to the owner, I would be pissed if one of my employees treated a customer that way.

This is America, we use Inches, tell them to get used to it.

I'm also getting really tired of Rude Employees dealing with other companies. My employees would never treat anyone the way some of these people treat others. Have some pride in your job. If not your job have pride in yourself. I think I'm going to go off on the next person that's rude to me, when I've been nothing but nice. (I'm always nice, even to the rude ones)

Post Office and Tax Office here I come!

RAGE! It's whats for dinner!

gabagoo

Frank Fellars - We used to make fun of his cowboy hat, so one time as a joke I asked to talk to him while placing an order. They put him on the phone. He told me if I was ever in the area he would buy me lunch.

so now I have to buy a shear? get bent dude!!!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
This is America, we use Inches, tell them to get used to it.

well technically it is north america, but they use the metric system up the in canuckville

mosh, don't you have a sign to make?

Mosh

get bent dude!!!

We have a shear and it works out great to not have to rely on others to get stuff cut right. Plus we stock 20-30 4x8 sheets of aluminum so we get a great price on it that way. Buying full sheets in bulk and cutting them yourself will save alot of time, money and headaches.

Zambookajoe

I used to deal with them 4 -5 years back and I just stop they are a bunch of nitwits and overpriced and 90% of there staff dont know what therre talking about. and 95 % of there staff I cant understand since they have huge accents.

there illuminated signs are way overpriced to. they always shipped things to me with the weirdest shippers.

Proveer are the best for substrates.friendly staff

gabagoo

well technically it is north america, but they use the metric system up the in canuckville

well we are supposed to be using the metric system but no one does so we have to work it both ways. I have to admit though. Metric is far easier to work with and way more accurate, but alas I am an imperial guy and work better with inches and feet. So anyways the reason that the supplier runs both systems is that govt road signs are all metric so you get a sign like 60 cm x 45 cm and that is 23.62 x 17.71. If you order a 18 x 24 and they are not on the ball you can wind up with the metric and nothing fits.

Mosh

It is printing on one of our printers right now, they are going to pick it up in the morning.
My other two printers are running 200 promo posters for Home Depot.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
It is printing on one of our printers right now, they are going to pick it up in the morning.

you rock mosh.... i aspire to be as humble and successfull as you one day.....naaaaa, i'm gonna go have lunch with my wife instead....and maybe call my dad after lunch for a chat....

gabagoo

hey Mosh quit thread whoring OK? lol love ya bro!!!

CanuckSigns

LOL @ the shippers, we always know when the shipment is from YMS, it shows up in a rusty 1985 dodge caravan with a magnet sign stuck to the 2 sq. ft. of non-rust
I used to deal with them 4 -5 years back and I just stop they are a bunch of nitwits and overpriced and 90% of there staff dont know what therre talking about. and 95 % of there staff I cant understand since they have huge accents.

there illuminated signs are way overpriced to. they always shipped things to me with the weirdest shippers.

Proveer are the best for substrates.friendly staff

gabagoo

I have never had them ship me anything. They make sucha big fuss about deliveries. I either go get it myself or hire my own courier

d fleming

Wife thought I was nuts when I bought an old friends' shear from his estate after he passed. I use it all the time plus I get to remember my friend every time I use it. He was one hell of a sign man.
Here's to ya Woody:bushmill::beer:beer

gabagoo

Yet another thread ruined by the Mosh Pit....

Gabagoo: Doesn't ND carry blanks around there? We usually order from them (in Winnipeg) w/o problems, however for higher quantities we get a sheet metal place to cut them/round corners. Muuuuuch cheaper. You might wanna consider that too next time.

I called them next but as usual no stock. I then called East West aka Proveer and no prob they had them and they are cheaper than YMS!!!!
oh and because the order is over $100.00 free delivery. Go stuff that in your hat YMS!!! yeeehawww

MachServTech

GFY....doesn't that mean Good For You?

So we can use it in a sentence like "Mosh, so you are printing thousands of signs for Home Depot? Well, Good For You!"

just askin, some of these abbreviations R 2 confusing! :smile:

Rooster

Gabagoo, try EM plastics next time. They tend to stock a lot of pre-cut sign blanks, or will cut them to size for you. At least the Edmonton branch does.