• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too fat for my step ladder?

bigben

Pricey, but an option: DeWalt Step Ladder

I have this one in the shop. I can carry it in the shop truck but sometimes I take my car and it is just 5in to long to fit in the trunk. The one I use is a featherlite multi-ladder similar to the little giant. It's small enough to fit in my car, it go higher than the DeWalt and I can climb on both sides. They have a model listed for 375lbs on their website, but when I called them they told me it was changed to 300lbs like the one I already have.

I've found a local ladder manufacturer Accueil - Echellex and theirs are rated for 330lbs. But they are asking 650$cnd compared to 480$cnd for the featherlite. For the 30lbs difference, I don't think it justify the 170$ difference. I did not really found a retailler that carry a 1AA multi-ladder in Canada either.

2B

If I weighed 300+ lbs I'd be concerned about my weight not my ladder.

WOW that is a straight up D!CK statement, as a guy who stands 6'5" 339 with a 13.5% BF you clearly know little about the human body

I would pay money for you to stand in front of Hafþór Júlíus "Thor" Björnsson The mountain from game of thrones 6'9" 441 and tell him that statement.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess I didn't see it the way most of you others did.

Fact is, the title is TOO FAT for my ladder. Then, the OP goes on to say, he can't be the only fat person here. Everything indicates he is overweight and not too tall for his weight. All of this points to what Sign Works said. Jumping on him for a possible medical concern or just consideration for weight limits is more than being mean or evil...... it's being thoughtful.

Just my take. However, I'm always the wrong person, though.​

Sign Works

Fact is, the title is TOO FAT for my ladder. Then, the OP goes on to say, he can't be the only fat person here. Everything indicates he is overweight and not too tall for his weight. All of this points to what Sign Works said. Jumping on him for a possible medical concern or just consideration for weight limits is more than being mean or evil...... it's being thoughtful.

Hey, what do you know, someone else actually read the title of the thread.

bigben

Maybe I should used ''too heavy'' instead of ''too fat''. Anyway, I did not mind the comment. It take more than this to offend me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I should used ''too heavy'' instead of ''too fat''. Anyway, I did not mind the comment. It take more than this to offend me.

No, most of us realized what you kinda meant. Just as some have been saying lately on some of the other threads, there are those who are constantly railroading anyone's thread just to look important and to self-serve their own petty needs.

So, what will you do if you buy a bucket truck ?? Most of them have a real weight topping out at around 300lbs or 350lbs. You could barely take tools up with you, let alone any signs bearing any weight.

Looks like it's time to hire one of these skinny little short people barking up the wrong tree. :Canada 2:

David Wright

300+ lbs remark

I really wanted to reply something to this but thought better of it.

Come on people this is a site for people to post and find help and get constructive criticism when asked for. All I can say is WTF!
I have a little giant, but its too heavy for me to lug around. Nice ladder, but I'm a wimp evidently.

As for the weight issue.
My brother goes over 400. He is 6'7" and has competed in body building venues.
His waist is a 36"

I'm at 5' 6", and weight wise can still use any darn ladder I please!!!! (the best your getting)
LOL
You're sure you two are related?

Why does some people feel they have to take offense or defend others. I'll bet Ben is just fine.

Enola

You're sure you two are related?

Why does some people feel they have to take offense or defend others. I'll bet Ben is just fine.
Well Mr. Wright,
You were Mr. Wrong. I wan't defending Ben, although I can see why you would think that. I was only making a point that some things aren't quite as they may seem. Perhaps Ben is also a 6'7" body builder and ONLY weighs 305. He would be pretty skinny compared to my brother. LOL

Try calling my brother "fat". I won't feel the need to defend him either. hahaha

Sorry BigBen, you're on your own. Don't count on me running to your rescue any more.