• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

too good to be true?

signguy 55

Got fed up with DirecTV this week, paying almost $100 bucks a month and have to go through this losing channels every few months, or at least the threat of losing channels. Also losing the signal in bad weather, etc. So I cancelled the service and am looking at other options. Main thing I enjoy are the sports channels and VH1 classic with their documentaries and concerts etc. My wife enjoys HGTV.

Anyone have any info on sites like this, almost sounds too good to be true or other options available. Any input is appreciated.

http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/

HulkSmash

I pay like 90 a month for 50 meg internet and HD cable from comcast. I have every single channel i want, plus all the tennis, golf, and sport channels. NFL network as well.

I really only watch discovery, food network, history channel, animal planet.

most of that free tv crap is a ploy... tred carefully

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I use tvtorrents.com for the few shows that I watch. I download it and watch it when I want with no commercials.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I could be wrong but I believe that is flat out illegal unless the videos were actually produced and released by the TV studios themselves.

We just switched from Time Warner cable to U-Verse service at home. Very nice! Saving me about $30 a month, faster internet, a TON more HD channels. It has it's quirks though, you must have a box for every TV, the weather channel does not have "local on the 8's".... they instead have a weather on demand app channel which does work but it's pretty crappy. So far I'm happy with the service though. After 10 years or so of no competition to Time Warner here it's nice to have another option. U-Verse from ATT is very limited on where it's available yet though so it's not an option for most.

I use tvtorrents.com for the few shows that I watch. I download it and watch it when I want with no commercials.

xxaxx

You can go to icefilms.info and stream in HD quality any shows and movies or pay per view event that you could want to watch ... they usually show up on there about an hour after it airs. That's how I keep up with all the shows I want to watch, and since you just stream the show and not download to your pc it should be a bit more legal on your end than torrenting everything. It may get taken down some day like the old ninjavideo, but it has been up for years and has nearly any show you could want.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I could be wrong but I believe that is flat out illegal unless the videos were actually produced and released by the TV studios themselves.

The site is very vigilant in only allowing shows that have actually been broadcast on public TV.

Its no different than me taping a show and letting you watching it later. Time-shifting, its called. Enhanced a little by the internets.

Mosh

Time Warner SUCKS!!! I have it at the shop. Slow internet and the TV signal messes up
on the HD channel quite a bit. I have a service call at least once a month. Have Direct
TV at home, no problems at all, never even had a "bad weather" issue.

rjssigns

Internet only. Got tired of paying 80 bux a month to watch commercials. I also switched to U-Verse for business internet and save $30 a month. IF I want TV thru U-Verse it's $20 for 28 channels(loaded with banal advertising). I don't see that happenin'.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Between hulu plus and netflix ($22 a month total) we get almost everything we watched on tv ... only ones we don't get is AMC shows and CBS (with cbs being on the website) Might have to wait 30 days, but I don't watch enough TV to care that it takes a month to get around to seeing that new episode of Burn Notice ... way tooo much on my queues as it is.

Billct2

Around here several friends have put up an HD antennae for the celestial channels (looks great) and use a variety of on line sources (like hula and netflix) for every thing else.

Techman

Get unplugged. Over the air FREE Digital TV has LOTS of channels. FREE. Antennae. I have over 33 channels for FREE.

Wiggum PI

I download everything TV via torrents after they have aired without a hint of guilt.
I'm not gonna wait 3 years for a US or UK show to make it to Australian TV.
Live sport is the exception.