• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

too many fonts

signpainter51

I got my fonts down to under 1000 fonts to work with. I was missing a font and I have a folder with 5000 fonts. I went to my folder took out one font style and was fine. I clicked off and the next day somehow there were over 2000 fonts. Is there a place that automatically puts the fonts in? I have Corel 3. Can I turn that switch off? Where is it?

Shovelhead

If you get a type manager you can have only your system
typefaces installed and turn the ones you need, at any given time,
on and off.

Last edited:

cdiesel

Corel actually comes with bitstream font navigator.. that's what I use. It'll automatically install fonts as needed in Corel. With PS and Illy, you'll have to do it manually.

Techman

always use a font manager of some type.
Someday, manually removing a fount will give you grief with no end,.

Steve C.

I use corel font navigator. What I want to know is why it installed fonts on its own?

You need to do everything from within Font Navigator.
Install, uninstall, etc. Opening your Windows Font
Folder will cause the problem you are having. There may
be a way to correct this, but I don't know.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Is there any program out there that you don't have to close and reopen yoru design program after turning on a FONT. For instance. I use Bitstream Navigator, adn Flexi mostly. But when ever i go turn on a font I need to turn around and close flexi and reopen it. It's a pain in the Arse

Steve C.

Is there any program out there that you don't have to close and reopen yoru design program after turning on a FONT. For instance. I use Bitstream Navigator, adn Flexi mostly. But when ever i go turn on a font I need to turn around and close flexi and reopen it. It's a pain in the Arse

That's a Flexi problem not Font Navigator. It does not happen with Corel.