• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Totally new to the business.

Chosen One

Hello everyone,

My name is Clay and right now I currently own a Window Tinting business. I have decided to add vehicle wrapping to my business. Yes I am totally new in the sign & wrapping business. I have been researching the wrapping business for sometime now and like the idea of a mobile billboard. I do have some experience with FlexiSTRATER Desay Edtion and LXI 7.5 but no experience with the wrapping part, keep in mind I have been installing Solar Control Window Film for over Twenty Years. So I really do not think that the installation part is going to be an issue for me. Where my problem may lay is creating graphic designs for the vehicles, but I know over time I will get better! That is why I Join this site.:biggrin: Any Tips or Info. would be Highly Appreciated. :biggrin:

Billct2

Take a wrap class.
Wrapping vehicles is nothing like tinting windows.
Flat sign maybe, compound curves not.
Good design is usually the hardest part of any project, but never more so than wraps.
Good luck.

BobM

Welcome from Cape Cod. Do a search on Wraps and enjoy the information you will find on Signs 101.

sarge

welcome from puyallup .. and good luck on your new gig .. my youngest started out doing car tinting .. now he does homes and businesses .. look in that direction .. he makes 5 times what i do .. just window tinting isnt fun to me

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

excuse ... my big question would be ... have you any schooling in advertising, commercial art, graphic design, anything related of any sort... ever work in a sign shop

think it's great ya want to start doing another trade, more power to ya, we all start somewhere

but pinting wraps and installing can be very costly... for a I got a idea to make more money ... and cost even more with NO experiance... other then window tinting install

wish you the best

wrapman jamz

Welcome to the forum!

When I started doing wraps (about 550 wraps ago) I used outsourcing. I suggest you do the same. Then watch the experts and see if that's what you want to do. You will not make as much money at first, but you will not spend as much either. I outsourced for the first year for my prints, and started actually installing the wraps in my second month. My second year I purchased my own machines. Good luck

Chosen One

Welcome to the forum!

When I started doing wraps (about 550 wraps ago) I used outsourcing. I suggest you do the same. Then watch the experts and see if that's what you want to do. You will not make as much money at first, but you will not spend as much either. I outsourced for the first year for my prints, and started actually installing the wraps in my second month. My second year I purchased my own machines. Good luck

Well I have my own equipment and I have watch experts wrap vehicles, this is why I decided to add wrapping to my existing business also their are plenty of wrapping videos on Youtube as well. I do have plans on taking a class on vehicle wraps real soon.

Thanks for the info.:rolleyes:

P

ProWraps™

ask yourself if your tint business is strong enough to throw all its money away into your wrap business for the first oh i dunno, one, two, three years....