• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Touch Up Markers/Ink for Solvent Banners?

CWP

Hi All,
I have a banner (or two) that sometimes when handling it will crimp after it has been printed and screws up the image. Nothing major, but it does show up. Instead of reprinting and wasting time and materials, I am trying to find some sort of markers, pens, inks or something that I can use to touch up the image and hide the defect. I have done this for years on photos but am not sure what to use for banner material with solvent inks. Has anyone found a good solution to this? A brand of markers or pens? Thanks.

a large selection of markers in a wide range of colors & nibs is a must have on hand tool imo.

sharpies as well as decocolor paint pens have served me well for many years. There is a point where it is best to just reprint, however, I have seen some repairs in my career that have blown my mind..with a little creativity & patience.

CWP

Thanks. Sharpies were the obvious choice, just didn't know if there was some found/ tested better alternative.

ChargerBullet

I use Prismacolor Markers

The full set has about 144 colors (expensive, though - over $300). There are also the Pantone Tria Markers, but I haven't used those before.

I guess you could use the Sharpies for banners.

jayhawksigns

Just had to do this on a banner we printed.

It was a trade for sponsorship spot and they misspelled another sponsor. Used cleaner and redid a couple of letters in Sharpie. Unless you get at the right angle, its really hard to tell.