• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tough Call......................

Marlene

The reason for saying 'one person'... is because it was just Sandusky who carried out the horrible deeds and conducted them in school, home and who knows where else ??

He alone is guilty of hurting those kids and then to get even more fodder..... then creating the Second Mile to trap even more prey, while everyone else thought he was doing good.

yes, he was the one who did it all but those who didn't stop it are just as bad because they could have put an end to it all. it rots that there are a lot of students paying the price for this but I am happy to see a strong sweeping response to this. it is a sad thing that those players of those winning games are thrown into the mix when nothing was their fault. they too are victims.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Stacy: Where are you coming up with the information that virtually every teacher and professor knew about the rumors?

A lot of people interviewed at the school said so. It made me so mad to watch the interviews... they would say they had heard a lot of rumours about Sandusky and what he was like. Not one person I've seen interviewed was taken by surprise when he was busted. In fact it seems to be the complete opposite.

I hear what you are saying about the area and the economy. But that really doesn't hold a lot of water for me... there was a conscience choice by people to cover this up. Everyone that knew or heard about this turned a blind eye to the behaviour of Sandusky because he made football money. And they all benefited from that... so I believe they can also live with the consequences. It's a shame that so many innocent people will be hurt by this...

maskman

I agree with Stacey . It was known by others and nothing was done.

I believe at one time it was being investigated and the DA disappeared . They found his Truck on a bypass ,Him Nowhere to be found.

The only only thing that is really sad is that Joe paternas ( spelling?) career ended like this. I am no JO Pa fan but I feel it is still sad.

Although he was one of the ones that knew so , maybe it went full circle.

I am sorry , I dont feel the students are being punished . I believe the school admin. and the football program is. and they brought it on themselves

With the action the NCAA took not only the guilty are getting punished... The innocent are also suffering and being punished.. Penn State is doomed...

Jillbeans

I think it wasn't just Sandusky, I think it was everyone who should or could have done or said something and who didn't.
I think maybe even our governor had used the charity for financial gain.
I'm sick of the people acting like JoPa is a saint to be worshiped, he was just a man.
I know that the whole community benefited financially from the games and all the revenue brought in.
It seems to me, that if the entire thing had been exposed when it was first suspected, that the implications would have been far less drastic. Rather, it was hidden to protect jobs and reputations, all of which are now shattered.
Not to mention the many lives that have been damaged by all the deceit and the actual acts.
I think that the theater killer should be Sandusky's cellmate.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Let's try this again.

All I'm saying is what one person did..... has reached out a touched tens of thousands of lives if not millions all total.

• I'm all for giving all the cover-up artists their fair share of the blame.
  • I'm all for penalizing the school.
  • I'm all for anything these a$$wipes have coming to them.
However, when you take the emotions out of it what are the actual facts ??

• Penn State was a great school
  • Paterno was one of the best coaches... ever.
  • Sandusky, also was a terrific coach.
  • Penn State had a football machine that wouldn't quit.
  • Penn State had a wonderful academic setup.
  • On the other hand..........
  • Sandusky assaulted many many children.
  • Most of the upper elite covered it up.

Those things can't change. If they change, then you can change any history without batting an eyelash.

Where I'm concerned is...... Sandusky must pay for his wrong-doings and should play a rusty trombone the rest of his life. No two ways about it. He should suffer the rest of his living minutes on earth.
Next, Sandusky's wife should be in the cell right next to him.
The others involved in any way, shape or form should be stripped of everything they have and be given full sentences of jail time.

Those cowards are just a grasshopper's whisker above the first two. They're down there with lawyers and politicians.

The school can function with the fines and sanctions, but the humility should go with those cowards and not be attached to the school. That reflects on the student body more than the school itself.

Everyone will forget about this, just as soon as the next calamity comes along.... like this fall's elections.................. :Oops:

There could be others that knew about it, but I don't think you can say out of all their campuses and people working in this and other locations nationwide, which comes to almost 50 to 60,000 people could have known about this. Sorry.