• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Towing Logo

Joe Diaz

I was trying to figure out a way to combine towing and bird imagery. Here is what I came up with LOL.
birds towing logo idea.jpg

I figured he might not go for it, and I was right.:Big Laugh It was worth a try.

TheSnowman

Yep, I'd have rolled with it. My tow customer we did a nice layout for on their truck decided when they advertise in the paper to advertise "TOEING" and has a picture of a tow truck pulling a foot, with a hook through the toe. I can't hit my face on the table enough each time I flip through the paper.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now this might sound dumb, but I also really like the subtle dots in the background.

peavey123

Maybe because it looks too much like a crane coming out of the egg instead of a tow truck? Try a bird flying away with a car or something? lol

SignosaurusRex

This is the first time I have not liked one of your ideas Joe. In all honesty, I would have to agree with the customer.
Maybe because it looks too much like a crane coming out of the egg instead of a tow truck?
....and a Broken Egg used in conjunction with the name BIRD'S. Images of broken or wrecked stuff in a towing / wrecker service logo never go over well.

neato

I like it Joe.

But, the customer makes the call.

What about an eagle claw gripping the name somehow, like it's pulling it?

ThinkRight

You can lead a horse to water but...
It looks good.
Maybe try using a stork for the bird carrying a wrecked car...?

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Diaz

Thanks everyone. The client ultimately didn't want to use any bird imagery in the logo. We discussed it early on and he said he wasn't sure about using bird imagery back then, but wasn't 100% against the idea. He was curious to see what I would come up with. So.... I could tell then his heart wan't totally in it. But the idea hit me, and I thought I would try. It was just one of a few ideas. He actually chose to use everything else but the egg. So the lettering and the hook made the cut.

This is the first time I have not liked one of your ideas Joe. In all honesty, I would have to agree with the customer.

....and a Broken Egg used in conjunction with the name BIRD'S. Images of broken or wrecked stuff in a towing / wrecker service logo never go over well.
Well It's not really a broken egg, it's a hatching egg. And inside is a cute little baby tow tuck. LOL. Either way, It didn't make the cut so no big deal. I'm happy with how it turned out, he's super happy with it. Got the truck scheduled, and we began talking about designing his print collateral and shirts. So.... all is good.

Dan Antonelli

This is brilliant. The reason why is that it relates to the name in a meaningful way, and is atypical of what is expected within the genre. When every uses a tow hook, then it's time to use something else. Too bad the client didn't have the vision to understand why this would have been a great approach to brand his business, to stand out, not fit in. When everyone zigs, you need to zag. Are you more likely to remember this, or remember tow hook for a tow company.

The thinking behind this shows that not only is Joe a great designer, but is also skilled in advertising, and logic behind good branding.

csonka39

Looks good creative I'm thinking the egg turned him off.. I worked with garages before and you give them a nice design and they turn it away, I return with a simple design and they love it I just dont get it