Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training Videos

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Saltedlake450, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Hello everyone!
    my business partner posted a video of our printer some time ago. We are brand new to wide format printers and we had just gotten a Jv3 160sp, we had no idea what we were doing and had LOTS of head strikes, now we know what they are after messing up 2 heads, we got a used one but were still having problems getting it up and running.

Im looking for any how to manuals or videos that anyone can help me out with? Im brand new, recently messed up my first printer, never even did a job..

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    WOW! Now THAT is the way to get into the sign industry.

Welcome from the great state of OHIO!

3. TwoNine

TwoNine Active Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Ha ha!!!!

4. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks for welcome vinylman! We've been outsourcing banner work for so long that we went out and got a printer, out of a rush to start doing pending jobs ourselfs we just fired that thing up and started printing, having no idea what head stikes are we thought it was just a normal thing, gosh if we really knew we could have working printer right now,,, lol

5. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    right now we got a working head, a bought used head, and a dummy, im waiting for new data cables to give a try, hopefully no error 7! I stored them like these with flush in the meantime when the data cables get here...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  6. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    It might be best to continue to outsource and pay for some extensive printer training by the printer manufacturer is what I would do. I know it seems easy to just get a printer and just start printing out jobs but to say there is so much more to it would be an understatement. Pay for the premium subscription is also a big help which you should do as well.

7. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Im sorry, but whats the premium subscription?

8. Justin

Justin Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Southern OH
    It gives you access to forums that are currently hidden..

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6021

I'm not sure if it would resolve these issues, or help you starting out as I don't have a premium subscription myself, yet.

9. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

As far as I've known our own JV3 and now JV33 over the past 8 years or so I've never seen any sort of "training" video for using one. There is just so so much more to these than a desktop ink jet that you really need at a minimum a few hours one on one on site training just to run one halfassed. It is so much more than the printer as well - you have a lot to consider and learn with the RIP you will be driving it with.

Years ago when we got our first wide format I paid a Mimaki certified tech from Grimco to drive 3 hours one way who then spent the entire day here. That was money very well spent and even at that I still had a lot to learn in the long run.

10. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Can I ask you how much you paid for these used heads?

11. Saltedlake450

Saltedlake450 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I paid $430 for a used one, dont know if it works yet though, lol!

Im looking forward for the premium thanks for the reply!
    Can anyone hook me up with a screen shot of the hidden sections? lol!! jk