• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Training Videos

Saltedlake450

Hello everyone!
my business partner posted a video of our printer some time ago. We are brand new to wide format printers and we had just gotten a Jv3 160sp, we had no idea what we were doing and had LOTS of head strikes, now we know what they are after messing up 2 heads, we got a used one but were still having problems getting it up and running.

Im looking for any how to manuals or videos that anyone can help me out with? Im brand new, recently messed up my first printer, never even did a job..

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Saltedlake450

Thanks for welcome vinylman! We've been outsourcing banner work for so long that we went out and got a printer, out of a rush to start doing pending jobs ourselfs we just fired that thing up and started printing, having no idea what head stikes are we thought it was just a normal thing, gosh if we really knew we could have working printer right now,,, lol

Saltedlake450

right now we got a working head, a bought used head, and a dummy, im waiting for new data cables to give a try, hopefully no error 7! I stored them like these with flush in the meantime when the data cables get here...

Attachments

• 2012-04-24133752.jpg
    2012-04-24133752.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It might be best to continue to outsource and pay for some extensive printer training by the printer manufacturer is what I would do. I know it seems easy to just get a printer and just start printing out jobs but to say there is so much more to it would be an understatement. Pay for the premium subscription is also a big help which you should do as well.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As far as I've known our own JV3 and now JV33 over the past 8 years or so I've never seen any sort of "training" video for using one. There is just so so much more to these than a desktop ink jet that you really need at a minimum a few hours one on one on site training just to run one halfassed. It is so much more than the printer as well - you have a lot to consider and learn with the RIP you will be driving it with.

Years ago when we got our first wide format I paid a Mimaki certified tech from Grimco to drive 3 hours one way who then spent the entire day here. That was money very well spent and even at that I still had a lot to learn in the long run.

Saltedlake450

I paid $430 for a used one, dont know if it works yet though, lol!

Im looking forward for the premium thanks for the reply!
Can anyone hook me up with a screen shot of the hidden sections? lol!! jk