• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Transfer Tape or not

Annette Asberg

Hi
I am a newbie and the queen of silly questions :)
Therefore I am asking for help with a wrap that has cutouts. Should I add transfer tape on the part that is cut out or not, what would you do? Please see attached pictures

Attachments

• King 2.jpg
    King 2.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 245
  • King.jpg
    King.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 219

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I wouldn't, but I suspect my comfort level with applying that graphic might be higher than yours or you wouldn't be asking.
I'd say yes if you have any doubt about getting the hand and the name applied correctly.

equippaint

I would hinge it horizontally right above king and the backing paper can keep the top bits from flopping around and the overhanging king straight

2B

if you are installing in a hot area, the transfer will help, make sure you use the paper version.

it is all based on your experience. if you are hesitant, add paper transfer.

ikarasu

I'm going to go against the grain and say don't pre mask. It's cheap.. But your adding work and time when you don't need to.

That wrap is one of the easiest to learn how to do it without premask.... So no time like.the present to learn.

Whenever you get to a non solid piece that's been cut... Just make sure to peel slowly and support the vinyl so that it's not going to rip.

I'd be more.worried about alignment with all those grooves if you don't have experience with this type of wrap. Apply the vinyl over the grooves without Pressing the vinyl into them first. Or at least leave the last few inches where you're joining lifted... Align and repeat for the second piece. Then press into the grooves once both pieces are aligned and sticking together for best results.

If you already know this or have a different way, sorry! I think getting alignment done right would be more challenging than not using premask if you're not used to working with grooves / cut material though. An image as big as this should be fine with no pre mask even for beginners. Unless your doing it under the hot son like mentioned.