• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transform a Roland Sp-300 into a SP-300V?

m303625

sp300 to 300v

The dip switch is a small unit top lhs of servo board
I have tried this and the versaworks software will indeed recognize the machine as a sp300v
I currently run refill carts with no chip and have old firmware installed which doesn't check the ink carts are genuine.
Versaworks reports "wrong inkset installed" and goes no further.
can anyone tell me if 1. I can upgrade firmware without stuffing up my refill cart setup? or 2 maybe change setting in service mode for ink reporting? so versaworks can work!
thanks

Da Bom

The dip switch is at the very top of the main board, i missed it to the first time, its only about 5mm x 10mm in size so look closely and your see it.

So when i flipped the switch and turned it the machine it did start saying SP-300v, but then I too got the "wrong inkset installed" error.

Has anyone managed to sort this out yet? I feel I am so close to getting it working.

I am using only only Roland original inks, I also re-installed the printer and the software only using 300v firmware and drivers and it still didn't work.
:banghead:

Which actually brings me to another question, I was running a few 440cc aftermarket inks cartridges and I removed them so all my ink was Roland to make sure that wasn't the problem but now I have to 3/4 full cartridges sitting waiting to be used already cracked! How long will they last once there cracked before they crap out?
:help

Thanks....

blake2415

Having the same problem... Everything here works but then I get an error message during printer setup that the INK may not be compatiable. I' m running non roland carts.

So disappointing.

Robert M

Eco Sol

I think that the problem is that your printer may be looking for the Roland Eco Sol inks. These came out before the Eco Sol Max. Look in the service menu for the ink set selection, choose the max inks. I may still have the ink conversion docs, shoot me an email

m303625

I don't think ink type is the problem, I have tried both eco sol and max settings in service mode, I suspect the software is just throwing up this wrong inkset error in response to something else. ok we know the function of the no.7 dipswitch but what do all the others do??? The tech replaced my mainboard in 2006 with I suspect a board that can be used in the sp300V machine which to my way of thinking means dipswitch settings, so if a sp300v user would be so kind to inspect their settings and report them that may solve this??
as for my machine all dipswitches are off, also the settings are available if you print a report in service mode! 0 is off , 1 is on
If anyone has solved this please tell us

imp

anyone ever get this working?

I tried the dip-switch 7 and got veraworks to show up the printer. I got the same ink error you guys were getting.

imp

Wow cheers m303625, it worked. I added some more step by step instructions Here

Why is Versaworks better? well I think its a matter of taste. Versaworks for a start doesn't have the UI design of something written for windows 3.1 so its for those who want a modern interface. There a stack of advanced features such as a more WYSIWYG interface, advanced multiple automatic rip queue folders, variable based ripping, etc.
http://www.rolanddga.com/products/software/versaworks/

However if you read those features and are not impressed its probably not worth the time of someone who does all their work in post and puts it in the color rip hot folder.

The other thing is windows 7 compatibility which I will test out soon :)

m303625

Color rip vs versaworks

Been a long time resolving this issue, can also confirm the mod works, my sp300 is now functioning fully as a sp300v (wonder what the dongle does?)
Have been using Versaworks for a couple of weeks now and found it to be more intuitive and easier to fine tune etc. got my colours dialed in very quickly! have upgraded to 4.2 no problem, seems to handle any files as well as colorip. Overall I am quite impressed as I can now use win7 if required!
I contacted Wasatch about an upgrade to colorrip but and was told it would cost quite a bit more than the $600usd here from the Australian supplier wtf..
so went to versaworks. Now the biggest advantage for me is that I also use a roland gx300 cutter which can be run from versaworks also, means I can print on sp300 then lam and cut on the gx300 works a treat, saves a heap of mucking around with creating crop marks etc.

imp

the biggest advantage for me is that I also use a roland gx300 cutter which can be run from versaworks also, means I can print on sp300 then lam and cut on the gx300 works a treat, saves a heap of mucking around with creating crop marks etc.

Yes life is much nicer with versaworks :clapping:

What do you mean about the mucking around your avoiding, wouldnt the gx300 still have to align to marks for cutting over a laminated print? i understand the SP300's are really slow cutters, is that why?

splizaat

Before I do this tomorrow morning, this is the ONLY question I have...My SP300 is currently running firmware v6.30.

Should I flip dim switch 7/go through service mode, THEN upgrade firmware to 7.30?
OR upgrade firmware on printer to 7.30 FIRST, then flip dim switch/service mode changes?

Also, is the SP300 and SP300V firmware the same?

Thank you!

Matt

graficaspa47

Traductor
Del: español

Al: inglés

Traducción de texto o de páginas web
ok, lo he conseguido, me equivoque en la configuracion de la pagina 10, funciona correctamente. la explicacion podria ser mejor pero al final si es correcto he logrado trabajar con el versaworks sin problema voy a poner la explicacion un poco mejor a ver si la gente lo entiende mejor. paso 1 : desenchufar completamente la impresorsa y quitar la tapa trasera izquierda, seguidamente veremos la placa base de la impresiora. paso 2 : en la placa base arriba a la izquierda veremos un grupo de interruptores cada uno con un numero, accionar el numero 7 hacia abajo. paso 3 : tapar la tapa de la placa base. paso 4: entramos en menu modo servicio. para hacer este paso hacemos la siguiente secuencia ( abajo, derecha, izquierda,arriba, derecha, abajo izquierda) esta secuencia hay que hacerla seguida sin pausa, luego sin detenerse pulsar manteniendo la 3 teclas a la vez abajo, izquierda y derecha y pulsar boton de encendido. entramos en menu y buscamos la opcion menu servicio, luego buscamos la opcion system switch, pulsamos enter. entonces nos saldra pagina 1 : 01000000. ahora para ir a la pagina 10 tenemos que pulsar la tecla derecha hasta que lleguemos la la pagina 10 entonces cambiamos el codigo que principalmente estara: 000000000 lo cambiamos por 10000100. una vez hacemos esto, salimos completamente del menu y apagamos la maquina y la volvemos a encender. ahora solo instala el versaworks y ya lo hace todo automaticamente detecta la maquina y ya tienes una sp-300 V saludos es muy sencillo
Escribe texto o la dirección de un sitio web, o bien, traduce un documento.
Cancelar
traducción del español al inglés
ok, I did it, I'm wrong in the settings page 10, it works correctly.
The explanation could be better but if it's right at the end I managed to work with no problem VersaWorks'll give the explanation a little better to see if people understand it better.

Step 1: Unplug impresorsa completely remove the back cover and left, then we will see the motherboard impresiora.

Step 2: on the motherboard at the top left we see a group of switches each with a number, drive down the number 7.

Step 3: Close the lid of the motherboard.

Step 4: enter service mode menu. to do this step do the following sequence (bottom, right, left, up, right, bottom left) this sequence must be done immediately without pause, without stopping then press 3 keys to keeping both down, left and right and press button Power.

we enter the option menu and service menu, then look for the option to switch system, press enter.
then we will come out page 1: 01,000,000.
Now to go to page 10 we have to press the right until you reach page 10 then change the code that will be mainly: 000000000 change it to 10000100.

Once we do that, we went completely the menu and turn off the machine and back on.

Now just install the VersaWorks and it does everything automatically detects the machine and you have a sp-300 V

is very simple greetings

Lobo

My SP-300 still doesn't read SP-300V during start up. Latest firmware installed prior to the operation.
Could it be the firmware? Where do I find a firmware that works?

Lobo

Update: On my board, switch #8 was marked as #1, so I had to flip #2 and not #7 to get it to work.
Now VW complains about inks. Solution?

Lobo

Paid $7.50 to get into the premium area to get the service manual, but no help there either.

Please help me out with the ink problem. (Cannot find information the ink set used in the device detected. Please make sure the software supports this ink set.)