• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency issue.

stephenj148

So I have some gradients and transparent pieces in the design, and if I export them as a .eps to print and cut on a roland, I get this error message about spot colors and transparencies. So I try to flatten the transparency and then it messes everything up. I've done this before, but now I can't get it to work again.... can anyone help me please? This is urgent

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 2.35.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 2.35.21 PM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 2.34.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 2.34.45 PM.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 2.35.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 2.35.03 PM.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 99

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Rasterize the whole thing together (except your cutline) and it should print right.

Rasterize in PHOTOSHOP if Illy wont let you OR get rid of Spot colors and make all CMYK or RGB. That solves your transparency issue.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Other possibility is....and it is SLIM it will work...is saving with PS level 3 and Enable Compatible Gradient and Mesh printing. Can try that as well...those options helped with other issues Ive had in past.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Yeah...gotta LOVE transparency in Illustrator....color shifts...blocking of color....oh and dont forget rasterization of the transparency! how many times as that come and bit you in the A**.

gbd

save it as a pdf 4.1. then go into the advance options and uncheck all boxes. i do it this way all the time.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Once your rasterize, you can do a "Paste Behind" on your illustrator file, get rid of the other art giving you the headaches and drop the raster image directly behind your vector cut lines. Save normally and youre done. Let us know how it goes.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The spot color is coming from the spot color "CutContour" that you are saving the cut line in Illustrator as. You cannot have spot colors with transparency in most cases; used to have the same problem when I had a Roland.

Open the Illustrator file in Photoshop (without the contour line), rasterize it at a high enough resolution, place the rasterized version and the CutContour line into a new Illustrator document named "yourprojectname_flattened" and save that document to print from.