• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tricky Problem with the Cut Contour...

Zazzess

I did it all ...

Hi ! I'm back !

I still try everything you tell me !

Thanks for your support.

I suppose I will find something sooner or later !

I will be back with my results.

Thanks again !

:thankyou:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Good Lord Girly... that took some figuring....

go change your cutlines to center on the stroke instead of on the outside... then they will rip

Zazzess

Oh dear !

Good Lord Girly... that took some figuring....

go change your cutlines to center on the stroke instead of on the outside... then they will rip

That was it !!!

No flattering ?! No rasterizing !?

You are an angel really thanks for your help !

I do that right now !

:notworthy::thankyou::notworthy:

Zazzess

Happy Happy Joy Joy !!!

Thats it !! I can see the grey stroke and the blinking dashed line !!

:cool1::U Rock::cool1:

:thumb: :ROFLMAO: :thumb:

petepaz

and everyone in the forest lived happily ever after :clapping:
pretty good how we all pull together to help each other out

Bigdawg

Just Me
For the record... I had her send me the file. I couldn't get the cutline to rip either no matter what even when I copied a good cutline into it. My cutline would rip and her's wouldn't. So I took JUST the cutlines into a new file and then when they wouldn't rip alone I knew it was something with them and not the rest of her artwork. The only difference was how the stroke was spec'd.

Zazzess

Yeah !

and everyone in the forest lived happily ever after :clapping:
pretty good how we all pull together to help each other out

I agree 100% !

So great to have you there !!

That's what my boss thought too when I told him how I had the help !

By the way he says thanks to Bigdawg !!

:rock-n-roll:

Zazzess

You're the best !

For the record... I had her send me the file. I couldn't get the cutline to rip either no matter what even when I copied a good cutline into it. My cutline would rip and her's wouldn't. So I took JUST the cutlines into a new file and then when they wouldn't rip alone I knew it was something with them and not the rest of her artwork. The only difference was how the stroke was spec'd.

It's printing right now !

:thankyou:Thank you ! :thankyou:

krimol

I have to chime in on this one even though it's been solved. I spent a good 10 hours trial and erroring this very thing. Roland had no answer either. There are numerous things that will make it not show up in VW. 1. CutContour must be on the top layer and named as such. 2. The stroke must be .25 on all cut paths and the miter limit must be 1 on all cut paths. Like someone said if you rescale at all it will throw the stroke point off and you have to change it again. 3. Click the eyeball off of the CutContour layer and select all then flatten transparencies. Then turn eyeball back on. 4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, all strokes must be aligned to center. If one is aligned to the inside or outside the whole cut path goes bye-bye. This is not in Rolands instructions at all and I let them know that it needs to be because you can damn near lose your mind trying to figure it out yourself. I've also had a problem with some of the cut paths being in a group. Sometimes a portion of the path won't show up because it's in a group. Always take your file into VW and make sure all cut paths are there before printing. If there's lots of stuff in it, make sure you zoom in and check all cut paths, because if some is missing and you print it you've passed the point of no return. Been there.

Custom_Grafx

one more thing to remember...

in the print dialog box in illustrator, in the "advanced" section, click on "custom" in the flattener section.

If "convert all strokes to outlines" is checked, make sure you uncheck it... for obvious reasons.

Zazzess

Thanks for your help.

I have to chime in on this one even though it's been solved. I spent a good 10 hours trial and erroring this very thing. Roland had no answer either. There are numerous things that will make it not show up in VW. 1. CutContour must be on the top layer and named as such. 2. The stroke must be .25 on all cut paths and the miter limit must be 1 on all cut paths. Like someone said if you rescale at all it will throw the stroke point off and you have to change it again. 3. Click the eyeball off of the CutContour layer and select all then flatten transparencies. Then turn eyeball back on. 4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, all strokes must be aligned to center. If one is aligned to the inside or outside the whole cut path goes bye-bye. This is not in Rolands instructions at all and I let them know that it needs to be because you can damn near lose your mind trying to figure it out yourself. I've also had a problem with some of the cut paths being in a group. Sometimes a portion of the path won't show up because it's in a group. Always take your file into VW and make sure all cut paths are there before printing. If there's lots of stuff in it, make sure you zoom in and check all cut paths, because if some is missing and you print it you've passed the point of no return. Been there.

:goodpost: I still have this problem today :p Working on it tks :thankyou: