• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble reading Reg mrks FC8000,HP25500, Onxy RIP and Ideas!

blacknbart

Talked to Graphtec Tech department.

I haven't tried this yet because I haven't printed anything new. I wil have to wait until Monday. The Graphtec guy told me not to use the standard reg mark setting in the "Cutting Master 2 " plugin, but to use the "Convert Rectangle" method to insure proper reg mark locations. You know place rectangle box around your artwork and base the reg marks off of that box. Here's the video link: http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_video/Print_n_Cut_with_CM2/CM2Illustrator.htm

He also said my reg marks can be slightly off since I keep getting the Mark scan errors. Has anyone else run in to this fix. He also suggested scotch tape. Go figure. The damn machine should have a scotch dispenser on the side for just the occasion. Eager to get past this.

Printmaine

I haven't tried this yet because I haven't printed anything new. I wil have to wait until Monday. The Graphtec guy told me not to use the standard reg mark setting in the "Cutting Master 2 " plugin, but to use the "Convert Rectangle" method to insure proper reg mark locations. You know place rectangle box around your artwork and base the reg marks off of that box. Here's the video link: http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_video/Print_n_Cut_with_CM2/CM2Illustrator.htm

He also said my reg marks can be slightly off since I keep getting the Mark scan errors. Has anyone else run in to this fix. He also suggested scotch tape. Go figure. The damn machine should have a scotch dispenser on the side for just the occasion. Eager to get past this.

Did this procedure work out for you?

ChargerBullet

One thing you can try is to

load the material in your plotter the other way and (since you are using the Cutting Master plug-in for Illustrator) rotate the cut file 180 degrees.

I had this problem before and found this sometimes corrected the problem. I suspect it was the Latex printer's high heat that warped the print a little.

Printmaine

load the material in your plotter the other way and (since you are using the Cutting Master plug-in for Illustrator) rotate the cut file 180 degrees.

I had this problem before and found this sometimes corrected the problem. I suspect it was the Latex printer's high heat that warped the print a little.

The cutter works fine with matte material the issue is the glossy material. So is it possible that the Latex warps glossy material easier:help

JTurner

I called Graphtec about my FC7000-160 and they told me that the gloss laminate could be the issue. I've got to try without the laminate but I'm waiting for my yellow ink cartridge to arrive via UPS. Graphtec walked me through changing the sensitivity to the material and that still didn't make it scan correctly. They also suggested something kinda slick... Put wax paper on the vinyl before laminating then cut it out (to remove the laminate off the vinyl) to trick it into cutting. If nothing else works, Graphtec said it could be the optical scanner. I'll repost what I find.

StarSign

Really too bad you are still having trouble with this. Sorry the info I posted earlier didn't help. Mine has been running smooth ever since I added the patch. Good Luck!

Sammy

Onyx 10.2 version....heads up!

Onyx 10.2 version will not support older Graphtec and Mimaki print to cut plotters! Found out directly from Onyx today!

Case

Onyx 10.2 version will not support older Graphtec and Mimaki print to cut plotters! Found out directly from Onyx today!

You have a really crappy source obviously, i'm using onyx 10.2 with an 8 year old FC7000 and it is working better than it ever did... Onyx 10.2 now also adds segmented targets if needed.....

Don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what he is spreading around on here... Completely false comment Sammy...

Case

JTurner

I just had the sensitivity setting increased so that it would read through the lam. I was able to cut anything out without the lam so there lies the issue. Using the Matte Scotch tape did not work. I can't believe the manufacturer would tell me that kind of fix. Just turn up your scanner and all should be fine.

cooltouch

I went thru EVERYTHInG you went thru and just got everything fixed....check it out. I have the same machines.

First update your printer firmware on the 25500
Second update your plotter firmware.
Third you need to update your onyx to 10.2

Your printer will now print registration marks every few inches. Not just four. It's called automark detection now. It will auto look for the marks after this.

If you use cheaper print vinyl like tru stock. Stop using it. You have to start using high performance calendered such as oracal 3641 or automark or simply cast vinyls. The heat from the latex changes where's the image should cool down and is shifting. Dont believe me print out and contour image on cast it will line right up.

Haven't had a problem since!

cooltouch

Also make sure the you press 3 for sheet..and you have the media secured down with your hands or you bend it down so the front and rear feed sensors read where the media should sit. If it eye think it will sit father back that has thrown off my contour cuts.

ProWraps

I just had the sensitivity setting increased so that it would read through the lam. I was able to cut anything out without the lam so there lies the issue. Using the Matte Scotch tape did not work. I can't believe the manufacturer would tell me that kind of fix. Just turn up your scanner and all should be fine.

why does no one listen to me? you need the sensitivity DECREASED on the fc8000.

bump them both down to 70 and 70.

it comes 70 and 90 from the factory for some reason. wrong.

the lam scatters the beam. bumping it up makes it worse.

i have an fc8000 i put through the wall in my shop out of frustration before i figured it out. graphtec was no help btw.

richsweeney

I just did all the upgrades. I am still getting just 4 marks. I am sending a pdf with 256 labels on a 47 x 20 ish file size. Any ideas?

TheSellOut

Best answer

Take Onyx out of the cutting equation - it is built to print, not cut

1. Cut and paste(ctrl f) your cut contour linework into it's own layer in the file
(Note: un-check the "print" box when making this new layer so as to not print the linework)
2. Use Cutting Master to add your registration marks to your file
3. Print through Onyx as if it were a NON contour cut file
4. Load material into machine AND cut through Cutting Master (not Onyx)

I had troubles for close to a year before Graphtec had me do this. It is a couple more steps, and at times a little inconvenient...but it works EVERY time, and the cut lines are spot on!

Hope this helps!

TheSellOut

Oh yeah

Step 3.5 (prior to cutting) - In the layers panel turn off the "Visibility" of the print layers. Leaving only the cut layer & registration mark layer "visible"