• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Troubles with mutoh vj1614

Jerin

Hello I was recently printing out a wrap for a tailgate, and the printer was printing fine, then all of a sudden it just started printing black, it made close to 15 passes of black and the the head stopped at the opposite end of the machine and it started beeping and turned itself off, so I power back up the machine and re-rip. The graphic, and it started to print doing nothing but just printing black. So I canceled out, and grabbed ahold of the ink cartridges to check for empty, and they are all good, “mutoh ink” so I put them back in and go straight for a nozzle check. And the nozzle check appears to orange on the end into green into a long bar of black into green blue and black. . So I restart the computer and fired everything back up. And did another nozzle check and same thing. The head is fairly new I would say maybe 2 months old. The head cables are new , the dampners are new, the mo-board is new , the steel belt has been replaced. All within a few months. What would cause this to happen, do you think the head cables are bad again? Post pics as well

Attachments

• 70E3D103-EE9F-45D0-B11A-64DB1E97D396.jpeg
    70E3D103-EE9F-45D0-B11A-64DB1E97D396.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 222
  • 63F674D1-8F40-4D9C-B9D2-54BE46026DCE.jpeg
    63F674D1-8F40-4D9C-B9D2-54BE46026DCE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 165
  • 0A7A7016-A3B9-4304-BBDF-F4A39E965EE7.jpeg
    0A7A7016-A3B9-4304-BBDF-F4A39E965EE7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161

Jerin

Hello I was recently printing out a wrap for a tailgate, and the printer was printing fine, then all of a sudden it just started printing black, it made close to 15 passes of black and the the head stopped at the opposite end of the machine and it started beeping and turned itself off, so I power back up the machine and re-rip. The graphic, and it started to print doing nothing but just printing black. So I canceled out, and grabbed ahold of the ink cartridges to check for empty, and they are all good, “mutoh ink” so I put them back in and go straight for a nozzle check. And the nozzle check appears to orange on the end into green into a long bar of black into green blue and black. . So I restart the computer and fired everything back up. And did another nozzle check and same thing. The head is fairly new I would say maybe 2 months old. The head cables are new , the dampners are new, the mo-board is new , the steel belt has been replaced. All within a few months. What would cause this to happen, do you think the head cables are bad again? Post pics as well
Update— I just changed the head cables and turned it back on, and did a nozzle check and it’s still performing the same way, so that did not help ..

Umca

It maybe short cirquit inside the head because of ink leakage. Check head fuses on mainboard. Especially F2 fuse.

Jerin

It maybe short cirquit inside the head because of ink leakage. Check head fuses on mainboard. Especially F2 fuse.
Just pulled a d checked all the fuses , the all tested good. I’m going to try the head cables one more to just to make sure that’s not it. It’s odd that it would do it right in the middle of a print, also if you look at the picture I had posted . When it started doing it . It also widened up and started print on the media guides at the same time Iv seen these printers do some odd things before but never this one

Attachments

• A1EBA03C-0728-428B-86B2-AEF65EFACBDF.jpeg
    A1EBA03C-0728-428B-86B2-AEF65EFACBDF.jpeg
    630.3 KB · Views: 158