• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Truck wrap for HVAC Company / Photoshop Comp

Dan Antonelli

Today, regardless of computers or not, most people in our area can't afford the market prices no matter how good of a design you have. Sure, there are some, but they'll take their designs to a guy who will do the whole thing for like $1,500 to $2,000. Remember, you have clients seeking your designs and expertise out for wraps and mostly wraps only... along with websites and other marketing needs. We only have people wanting to letter their trucks and can get it lettered by Bobby the Iraqi sign guy who doesn't speak English, but will letter your two doors for $50.

Anyway, I trust you realize I was just bustin' your balls on the grade. That was fine arts and this place is all about making a living while you're alive, not after you're dead..... like fine artists.

:thumb:

Quite a few come to us initially for what wrap designs. If the brand is poor, and they won't change it after we explain why it won't work in the medium, we simply turn it down. After explaining that we won't be responsible for the poor ROI it is destined to bring in, and the responsibility we feel in not wasting their money - many reconsider. And many don't - which is fine. We can't be all things for everyone, and not everyone can be a match for us - and that's fine, too.

I certainly understand that not everyone can deploy that same approach, and it's impractical for most sign companies to operate that way. But I don't think geography has everything to do it, as we've done some work for some very economically depressed areas.

I do still firmly believe that much goes back to the perception of the company offering the strategy, and value proposition they present. The brand promise works both ways - and if the sign companies brand doesn't build on that idea, it's a tough sell. The best marketing not only says what I can expect when doing business with you, but what else have you done for someone just like me.

It's all a question of how well can you solve their problem, and illustrate it in a tangible way. Many don't know they have a problem at all. Point it out, and become their advocate, and rally your brand around that simple philosophy.

phototec

There's a whole chapter on it. We are finally in InDesign with the layout stage, as it's all written thank god. Hoping its done in the next 3 months. The design and layout of it is really coming out amazing - very stoked.

I have both of your other books on logo design.

So when will the down loadable PDF version be available?

:smile: