Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to identify a damaged font...

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Ogriv, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004
    I received a call from a prospective client about repairing some vinyl work that was performed by a guy who is no longer in business. I took some photo's of the vinyl. The customer indicated this vinyl is less than a year old. I can see the edges of the original font, so I browsed through my fonts to find a match. The closest I have found is Palace Script MT. But it does not match perfectly. Does anybody recognize the font as something else? I have also attached a photo of the good vinyl on another sign.

BTW, Is this possibly an Avery A8 installation, or just cheap vinyl?

Thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Looks like Commercial Script.

The deffective version might have been done in A-8 ... I had one job shrink over 1/8" of an inch in less than 1 year!

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It has been modified quite a bit but it most likely started out as Commercial Script.

4. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    that does not look like the Avery Shrink roblem. It looks like a calandered curly vinyl install..