• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to print and cut with FlexiSTARTER

iSignDesigncom

We just got a cheap cutter off ebay that had an optical eye for printing and cutting, and it said it came with Flexi 10. When we got it was only the FlexiSTARTER Cloud edition.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171553449876?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

We can't print with the FlexiSTARTER version, only cut, and the cutter doesn't appear in the list of cutters for Flexi 8.1. Does anyone know how we would print something in Flexi 8.1, then be able to contour cut it using FlexiSTARTER?

You can print and cut by exporting a file from Adobe Illy when using the registration marks with cutmaster2 plugin (ie graphtec type 2), print that file through your RIP, and then go back to your adobe ai file and cut using cutmaster 2 plugin in adobe illy

man that thing is cheap. i would have got a used Graphtec 7000 seri, they go fro around 1500-2000 used, and it will last and be able to get parts and repair if/when ever needed.

iSignDesigncom

Yeah I think my boss got it mainly because it was supposed to have Flexi with it. I'll try what you said to do, hopefully we can make this thing work.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
We just got a cheap cutter off ebay that had an optical eye for printing and cutting, and it said it came with Flexi 10. When we got it was only the FlexiSTARTER Cloud edition.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171553449876?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

We can't print with the FlexiSTARTER version, only cut, and the cutter doesn't appear in the list of cutters for Flexi 8.1. Does anyone know how we would print something in Flexi 8.1, then be able to contour cut it using FlexiSTARTER?

FlexiStarter isn't going to drive any sign printers (Mutoh, Gerber, Mimaki, etc). You'll need FlexiPrint or Pro to do print/cut. I think (but am not 100% sure) that means you also won't be able to get registration marks to read correctly.

As far as no driver in Flexi 8 for the cutter, my guess is that the software is older than the machinery you're trying to drive. You're not going to have any luck there, either.

iSignDesigncom

You can print and cut by exporting a file from Adobe Illy when using the registration marks with cutmaster2 plugin (ie graphtec type 2), print that file through your RIP, and then go back to your adobe ai file and cut using cutmaster 2 plugin in adobe illy

Does this Cutmaster 2 only support Graphtec cutters?

printimage

contour with flexi 8.1 with a hp officejet printer

I am trying to contour with my hp officejet 7500A wide format printer. I have a vinyl express Q130 plottter. I tried it and it work but i can't print the full sheet, i have to have the registration marks in 8.5 inch or it will cut off the marks. This is when i can the printer in flexi and i have the paper size and can see it on the screen but when it print it cuts off. Any help?

J Hill Designs

I am trying to contour with my hp officejet 7500A wide format printer. I have a vinyl express Q130 plottter. I tried it and it work but i can't print the full sheet, i have to have the registration marks in 8.5 inch or it will cut off the marks. This is when i can the printer in flexi and i have the paper size and can see it on the screen but when it print it cuts off. Any help?

best to start your own thread, rather than be a :thread

:thumb:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Flexi Starter has the ability to put the registration marks in the file. You first have to put the contour line on the image and then, i believe it is under the effects menu, click on create registration marks. You then save the file and print it through your RIP. Load the printed piece into the cutter and send the job from Flexi Starter and it should automatically find the marks and cut.