• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to solve a banding issue

oozawekwun

Mutoh Rockhopper II 64 running current firmware with wave.
Onyx PosterShop 7.3.2.16
Ultra Eco Mutoh Ink
Media - banding happens in all media, more visible in gloss media

Problem. Images that contain dark areas will show what looks like white bands. Lighter shaded areas will not show this banding. See the two images. Notice the white bands in the dark areas?

I've adjusted the feed adjust and can't get rid of this white band. I'm assuming that by using wave the banding would be a sine wave type of band not a straight line band. I can use the rip to print unidirectional at the finest setting and the bands will still show up however the space between then is smaller.

Nozzle check is fine. I booted the printer into maintenance mode and ran some tests. The third image is from the Front and back test. Again I'm assuming that the blocks are supposed to be solid colors. If this is the case does anyone have any suggestions?

TJ

Attachments

• banding sample 1007.jpg
    banding sample 1007.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 84
  • banding sample 2008.jpg
    banding sample 2008.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 78
  • banding sample 3009.jpg
    banding sample 3009.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 54

oozawekwun

Fresh nozzle check

Here's a nozzle check. To me it looks good. There's one missing bit on the magenta head. The black shows some deflection.

TJ

Attachments

• nozzle check010.jpg
    nozzle check010.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 67

oozawekwun

PF adjustment

I'll try this next but since I'm running the wave firmware on my Mutoh would a bad pf setting not show up as sine wave banding rather than the straight line banding issue I'm showing?

TJ

oozawekwun

solved....

It appears that I have fixed the problem with the banding issue. The problem was either the black print head, which I replaced, the PF adjustment that was out 1 mm or the encoder strip which was cleaned. I'm guessing the black print head was the main cause. So far the Mutoh is printing without those nasty white lines.

TJ